Lifebook A512 Contant White Screen

Moderator: ModTeam

QuigleyNTN
Product(s): A152 Lifebook

Lifebook A512 Contant White Screen

Postby QuigleyNTN » Mon Jul 15, 2019 19:48

Hello, My Apologies, I am English.

I have an old A512, a friend wants me to repair it for them.
As soon as i turn the machine on, after a couple of seconds, i get a blank White Screen.

Now, i can't get any information on how to switch from using the laptop screen to using an External Screen, but i think i have to Press Fn+f10. Which is what i have been doing. I plugged my HDMI cable from the laptop to a computer Monitor. I turned on the machine and Kept pressing Fn+f10 multiple times, i also tried just holding Fn+f10 for a few seconds, at different times, and nothing. Same thing, Blank White Screen, and my External Monitor isn't doing anything.

Now, I also tried something i saw before. Where when you get a white screen, you remove the battery, then remove the power cable, and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds, 10 seconds, or up to 30 seconds. I did all of these, at one point i held the power button for 60 seconds. I then returned the power cable without the battery - Fail.

I then did the same thing again, held the power button for various time lengths, JUST returning the battery after each amount, and powering on the machine. - Fail.

Then finally i tried holding for 30 seconds, returning the power cable, THEN the Battery (together) and then power up. - Fail.

So now I'm stuck. Just as an additional note. After i turn on the machine, i can hold the Fn key, and push the F keys for Brightness Up/Down. And when i do this, the screen actually increases and decreases in Brightness... But it's still white!

And finally, if i turn it on, and i don't press anything, and wait about 10 seconds, and then start pressing F1 or F2 or i think F12, everytime i press those buttons i get a loud beeping noise. Which will keep beeping the exact amount of times i press it.

I need some help, can you guys give me some suggestions?

Thank you!

Helga
Product(s): AMILO D-1840 (=entfallen)
aktuell:
Lifebook E-8110 (Win7x86/ULT)
Lifebook E-8420 (Nvd-Gfx, Win10x64/PRO)
Lifebook T935 (i-Gfx, Win10x64/Pro, 16 GB RAM)

Re: Lifebook A512 Constant White Screen

Postby Helga » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:52

Schwieriger Fall, wenn noch nicht mal das Bios-Setup aufzurufen ist. Mir fällt nix ein....
Fakten Fakten Fakten - und immer an den User denken!

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Re: Lifebook A512 Contant White Screen

Postby me@work » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:08

Just a desperate attempt:
Did you already try to connect an external keyboard with the external monitar, and start the notebook with the internal display lid closed? Normally, and if the notebook still works to some degree, this should disable the internal display, and present you with an output to the external display. Depending on the possible connection options, you might want to test all of them one by one.

Oh, and BTW:
This forum features an English language part as well.

Return to “LIFEBOOK”