UH572 lags before booting to Windows

Moderator: ModTeam

TimInCleveland
Product(s): UH572

UH572 lags before booting to Windows

Postby TimInCleveland » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:18

This computer suddenly started freezing on startup and taking 5 minutes to boot to Windows.
I have updated the bios (1.1.1.0), restored default settings, made sure the hdd had 1st boot priority, updated all drivers, virus scans, and registry cleanup.
The Fujitsu diagnostic utility in the boot menu returned the code 00410002 related to the hard drive so I cloned the drive to a SSD and replaced the old drive. It still hangs but now takes 4 minutes to start Windows (and subsequent diagnostic utility returned no codes). It seems to work fine once it gets to Windows.
It's 5 years old so I think the ram might be getting old, but that's not a known cause of delaying before starting windows.
Any ideas?

TimInCleveland
Product(s): UH572

Re: UH572 lags before booting to Windows

Postby TimInCleveland » Fri Aug 03, 2018 20:30

Wow, no help from anyone. :( Well, I did "re-discover" the sleep mode. The notebook springs to life mighty quickly from that. Using that is a nice patch solution until I figure out the problem. Right now, I'm thinking that because sleep mode works, it must be a failing motherboard battery problem. I think I will try replacing that and see if it helps.

Return to “LIFEBOOK”