As I had the same problem, and as this answser didn't help at all, I will post the solution for whoever needs it.
Fujitsu should fix this problem anyway. I still cannot understand why they have released 5 more versions after 1.2.0, with each of them bringing the problem back from the "solved" state.
Downgrading is disabled by default from the tool provided by fujitsu. You need to disable the BIOS build date time checking in order it to work.
Here the complete instructions (go to point 3a if you know already how to make a FREEDOS bootable drive with the bios update software inside):
2a) BIOS Update - DOS
After downloading the *.zip file containing the BIOS Update - Admin Pack you need to extract all files of the DOS folder (\DOS) to an e.g. FreeDOS bootable media (e.g. USB Memory Stick). You can create a FreeDOS bootable USB Memory Stick using the following link:http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/ ... AB265A9690
!!! ALL DATA STORED ON THE USB MEMORY STICK WILL BE ERASED PERMANENTLY !!!
!!! PLEASE ENSURE THAT A DATA BACKUP HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE !!!
3. BIOS Update Procedure
- If Secure BIOS is enabled there is no possibility to flash the BIOS in DOS environment.
Please use the Windows based flash procedures instead of.
- Please connect a working AC adapter before starting BIOS flash.
- Please suspend BitLocker encryption before starting BIOS flash in case BitLocker encryption is enabled.
- Please do not switch off your system until BIOS flash process is completed.
- Please reboot your system after BIOS flash has been completed.
Edit \DOS\DOSflash.bat by adding the /sd option to the following command:
dosflash /bbl /cvar /silent /file BIOS.Cap
The command should be like this:
dosflash /bbl /cvar /silent /sd /file BIOS.Cap
3b) BIOS Update - DOS
Run \DOS\DOSflash.bat to update your System BIOS in DOS environment.