How to clean/replace a cooling fan on an A6110

Moderator: ModTeam

fyigmokid
Product(s): Lifebook A6110

How to clean/replace a cooling fan on an A6110

Postby fyigmokid » Mon Jun 17, 2013 19:52

I've searched extensively for how to gain access to the cooling fan on my A6110 with no success. Does anyone have instructions they can share, or has anyone ever done this themselves, with the A6110 laptop? Removing all the screws on the underside of the laptop I still cannot get the computer apart. I haven't been able to figure out what the problem is. Anyway, any information would be helpful since this is a task I need to do myself since it doesn't make much sense to pay over $100 to have a professional shop do it on a six-year-old computer.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: How to clean/replace a cooling fan on an A6110

Postby sabrex » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:47

This is an American unit so we dont have any instruction but i did find here some instruction* http://www.batterycentury.com/fujitsu-l ... 65921.html

How to Replace a Fujitsu LifeBook A6110 Fan?
1. Follow your laptop owner's manual and assembly guide carefully as you disassemble the laptop. Touch something metal periodically to remove static charge, and work on a large table with a bright light source.

2. Turn off the laptop and unplug it. Remove the main battery, DVD drive , Ac adapter and the hard drive. The hard drive is usually located in a slot on one side of the laptop. Remove the screw that holds the cover in place, then pull out the hard drive, screen sled.

3 Turn the laptop over and remove the screws on the bottom that hold the keyboard in place. Flip the laptop over, open it, then lift the keyboard up and out. Unplug the flexible ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard.

4 Remove the screws that hold the keyboard bezel and palm rest in place. Carefully pry loose any plastic snaps on the sides, then lift the bezel and palm rest up and out.

5 Unplug the Fujitsu LifeBook A6110 Cooling Fan. Remove the screws that hold the heat sink and fan in place, then remove the entire unit from the laptop. Remove any thermal compound residue from the bottom of the heat sink and the CPU.

6 Apply a thin layer of thermal compound on the CPU, then replace the heat sink and cooling fan. Replace the screws, plug the fan back in, then reassemble the laptop.

7 Plug the laptop in and turn it on. After you use it for a few minutes, you should hear the new cooling fan running and feel warm air blowing from the vent on the side of the laptop. A fan does not run continuously, so don't be concerned if the Fujitsu LifeBook A6110 cpu fan shuts off periodically.

fyigmokid
Product(s): Lifebook A6110

Re: How to clean/replace a cooling fan on an A6110

Postby fyigmokid » Wed Jun 19, 2013 23:45

Thank you for posting up that information, which is very much appreciated!

Unfortunately, my A6110 came with only the most basic instructions/owners manual that contained no assembly guide, so what you wrote above is the best guide I have so far. Also, the link you posted to www.batterycentury.com isn't working for me as the connection keeps timing out....don't know why. Anyway, I'll give it another try with the instructions you posted above, and have to guess about how to remove the DVD drive since it's not innately obvious. If I can get this computer apart successfully then what I'll do is make a Youtube video that shows the full process, then post up the link here. Wish me luck.

If any owners out there have any suggestions I'm still all ears. Many thanks, sabrex!

Return to “LIFEBOOK”