Cannot Enter BIOS Setup on Lifebook LH531

Moderator: ModTeam

zulkarnain
Product(s): Lifebook LH531

Cannot Enter BIOS Setup on Lifebook LH531

Postby zulkarnain » Thu Sep 01, 2011 0:36

After installing Windows 7 64 bit, I cannot Enter to the BIOS Setup at start up (by pressing F2 key). Is there any solution to overcome this problem? What should I do to make me access to the BIOS setup? When I bought this notebook, I have tested to access the BIOS setup, and it was successfully, the notebook was not bundled with any operating system.

I really need help.......
Fyi: I have added more RAM into this notebook to become 8 GB RAM, I have replace the old one, and added new 2x4 GB RAM, and have no problem as I verified it via BIOS, but the problem arise (cannot enter BIOS setup) after installing Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Cannot Enter BIOS Setup on Lifebook LH531

Postby sabrex » Fri Sep 02, 2011 17:01

This is not possible , try pressing pause/break to pause the screen at the fujitsu logo. The following or a similar display appears on the screen at start-up:
<F2> BIOS Setup <F12> Boot Menu
► Press the function key F2 .
If this doesnt work its more likely your F2 key is fail try an external keyboard

zulkarnain
Product(s): Lifebook LH531

Postby zulkarnain » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:25

Hi Sabrex,

This is a problem, and I have been working in IT field for almost 15 years to understand how the BIOS setup cannot be access. There's no problem with my function key (F2, F12) and also with the Break key. As I told before, I could successfully access the BIOS setup before installing Windows 7 Enterprise edition 64 bit, and you simply told "this is not possible"? :shock: .

Does any one else have a same problem? or any idea :idea: ?

Caretaker
Product(s): LIFEBOOKs

Postby Caretaker » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:37

Hello zulkarnain,

i have never heared that Windows 7 had an influence to the accessibility of the BIOS.
Can you see the mentioned text or is this text hidden during the device boot?
<F2> BIOS Setup <F12> Boot Menu

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Postby sabrex » Mon Sep 05, 2011 14:43

zulkarnain wrote: As I told before, I could successfully access the BIOS setup before installing Windows 7 Enterprise edition 64 bit, and you simply told "this is not possible"? :shock: .

Hello, sorry for being blunt but im telling you how it is. it is not possible. please remove the battery and the mains. Hold the power button 10 secs. Power back on using the Ac adapter but leave the battery out. I reckon you will access the bios area. I have only seen this when people accidently put their machine in sleep mode or some sort of hybernation mode. :mrgreen:

Return to “LIFEBOOK”