recovery discs

AMILO Notebook, ESPRIMO Mobile, Handhelds (PDA), etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

opaloka
Product(s): Amilo notebook Pi 3525

recovery discs

Postby opaloka » Tue Nov 02, 2010 17:54

Hi, a friend has asked me to format his laptop as he had some viruses. The problem is that the laptop did not come with any OS installation disc, and presumably he needed to burn his own recovery discs. Having read bits here and there it seems that on startup I should be given an option to burn these recovery discs, unless it had already been done. My friend has no recollection of burning these discs, but I get no option to burn the discs. So, I am wondering what are the options? Can I install Vista onto his notebook using my own copy of Vista, but using his CD key that is stuck underneath his notebook, or is there something I have missed that will still allow him to burn the recovery discs, or failing all else does he need to pay the £35 or so to purchase the recovery discs from fujitsu-siemens?

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: recovery discs

Postby sabrex » Wed Dec 08, 2010 13:00

On switch on Tap F8
Choose repair my computer at the bottom.

Put in your username and admin password - cross fingers you have a re-install option at the bottom off HDBR. If not you will need media.

Ordering media from fujitsu can be ordered here: https://ts.fujitsu.com/recovery/ please use your serial number to check you are entiltled to order it.

No you cannot use his OEM 25 digit code key underneath on your own install cd.
it wont work because its OEM it will just tell you "invalid key"

Colton3310
Product(s): Data Recovery

Re: recovery discs

Postby Colton3310 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:10

Hi, I think Kvisoft Disc Recovery can help you recover files from formatted hard drive. With it, you can restore various data with ease.
Here is the easy guide: http://www.kvisoft.com/tutorials/disc-recovery.html

Return to “Older products”