Windows XP Professional instead of Home (VIA SATA): solution

Moderator: ModTeam

Koffiemokje

Windows XP Professional instead of Home (VIA SATA): solution

Postby Koffiemokje » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:58

Dear all,

As most of you I have had a lot of problems with my laptop trying to install i.e. XP Prof SP2 vs. XP Home SP2.
After a lot of searching I finally found something that actually works!
nLite allows you to edit your XP installation disc and add the drivers for the SATA HD on your laptop. (Also makes unattended setups but that's not what we need is it?)

- Install the .Net Framework 2.0, you can find this on the download pages of Microsoft's site.
- Install nLite, (google on "download nLite" should bring you to a lot of download pages for this application)
- Download and unzip the files that have the latest SATA drivers, you can find these on the FSC site right here for your own laptop type.
- Make nLite create a new installation ISO for you and be sure to make it bootable. You will want to select ADD DRIVERS and select the drivers from the download. For VIA, the proper drivers are located in "FSC_1002705.zip/DrvDisk/i386/NT5"
- Burn the ISO with UltraISO, MagicISO or load it with DaemonTools or something else.

This should create a new installation disc that works!

stopper

driver

Postby stopper » Tue Apr 04, 2006 14:39

Is it all the same if I choose drivers for Home Edition?
So there aren't any SATA drivers for professional edition...

lyk

Postby lyk » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:50

it has been explained in the past, thanks (again) to Borkar...

http://www.amilo-forum.com/topic,26,-In ... -FAQs.html
m3438G with lag
P-M 1.73 * -Samsung 80GB: not any more- Hitachi Travelstar 7200rpm 100GB * nVidia6800Go BIOS .60 * 512MB RAM * M/B P71EN0 BIOS 1.10C : 5kg of S.H.I.T.

Return to “General topics”