[ST4120PW] - reinsalling drivers for touch screen

Moderator: ModTeam

scooby900
Product(s): stylistic st4120pw

[ST4120PW] - reinsalling drivers for touch screen

Postby scooby900 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 18:20

Hi.

I have just re installed windows onto my pen teablet.

What drivers do I need to get the touch screen working again, and in what order am I supposed to install them.

I've tried to foind the answer in this forum and in the FAQ but to avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

sbrodrick
Product(s): Fujitsu Stylistic 4110P and 4120P

Re: [ST4120PW] - reinsalling drivers for touch screen

Postby sbrodrick » Wed Apr 30, 2008 16:01

Hello Scooby900,

I have had to do this a few times as our sales force use these machines. The drivers can be found at the following URL:
http://www.pc-ap.fujitsu.com/support/dr ... t4110.html

To get the pen working you need to install the video driver first, then the digitizer*, then the pen display interface driver.

I would recommend re-booting after each install, even if it's not forced.

*Note that the digitizer drivers should include an update for the video driver. The one I have unpacks into two sub-directories, one called "01_TPCE_Video_Intel 855GM_v6.14.10.3741_Logo_ok" which is the video driver update, and the other called "02_TPCE_PenDriver_v1.2.0927.2004_SP2" which is the digitizer driver.

Good luck, SB.

piper alpha
Product(s): st4110

Postby piper alpha » Wed Oct 29, 2008 0:52

I'm also having problems... I am also getting problems with a communications port problem, have you had any of the same? If you have, how did you resolve it?

Jay

sbrodrick
Product(s): Fujitsu Stylistic 4110P and 4120P

Postby sbrodrick » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:24

Hello Jay,

I have found that using the drivers from the link in my previous post, and following the correct sequence usually works OK. What is the specific problem you are having with the communications port ?

- SB.

piper alpha

Postby piper alpha » Wed Oct 29, 2008 17:15

sbrodrick wrote:Hello Jay,

I have found that using the drivers from the link in my previous post, and following the correct sequence usually works OK. What is the specific problem you are having with the communications port ?

- SB.
Hello SB, I keep getting an error on the Device Status "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code12)" do you have the exact sequence and the names of the files to use exactly? I have just done a fresh Install Of Windows XP Pro, and all I have done is installed the graphics driver (6.14.10.3741 for WinXP SP2) from http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/com/support/downloads.html Is it normal to have 2 devices listed under display adapters in device manager? I'll leave it a lone now and await your instructions... I have tried to download the drivers you have mentioned "01_TPCE_Video_Intel 855GM_v6.14.10.3741_Logo_ok" and the other called "02_TPCE_PenDriver_v1.2.0927.2004_SP2"from your ULR, but are they not listed in this page. Or are they on the Fujitsu Siemens site?
Thanks

Jay

piper alpha

Postby piper alpha » Fri Oct 31, 2008 0:14

It's awfully lonely in here? :lol:

piper alpha

Postby piper alpha » Fri Oct 31, 2008 23:26

SB,

I have reinstalled everything on the tablet. Everything works except the pen.... I have installed the display driver, Digitizer and so forth every way I can, Now I have found out that if I disable the Tablet Pen device the warning on the comport go's way! But it's not permanent... I now assume it's a driver problem! Your help is greatly appreciated but I need a solution to this quickly.... And the two display adapters showing the in device manager are normal! :wink:

Thanks

Jay

piper alpha

Postby piper alpha » Tue Nov 04, 2008 22:51

still no reply from anyone? it's amazing that when you ask the so-called experts for help they'll give you hints and then don't bother helping any longer? Knowledge truly is power? :(

sethach
Product(s): Stylistic, Lifebook

Postby sethach » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:27

Hello,

I have the same problem. Has anybody an instruction of the install order and a link to the driver?

Any help is welcome,
thanky

sethach

piper alpha

Postby piper alpha » Fri Apr 03, 2009 23:25

to be perfectly honest my friend, you will get very little to no help here regarding your tablet! please see my last post. People profess to be experts and give you half answers, clues and suggestions but not the actual solution. My machine is still not working and I have just boxed it up and have stored it away until the people with the knowledge get their heads out of their ar$es and help. I'm sorry for your predicament but your screwed, Rant over!

chrome
Product(s): ST4120PW

Postby chrome » Tue Apr 14, 2009 19:44

Hello, I have recently got the same Fujitsu Stylistic model, and I was also having troubles installing the pen. But finally it started to work, so I can try to give you my description.

First, I installed Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 (not the Tablet Edition, because I don't have original recovery cd). After installation pen of course didn't work, graphics had poor performance (default driver), tablet buttons didn't work, but the sound worked and probably the wired network too (I didn't check, but it looked like the driver is installed). In device manager I had two Unknown Devices (which turned later to be the pen and the tablet buttons - details later), an Unknows Network card, and also as far as I remember an Unknown PCI modem.

Then I downloaded all the drivers for ST4120 from http://www.pc-ap.fujitsu.com/support/dr ... 20_21.html site (but they didn't work - details later). First of all I installed the video driver (st4120_21_video.zip) and it worked fine (appropriate video driver seems to be required for the pen to work). Next I tried the pen driver (st4120_21_digitiz.zip) but it didn't work, it didn't even recognize any device. Now I think perhaps this is driver for the active tablet version (with battery powered pen?), and ours ST4120P (P is probably for passive) probably requires another driver.

Fortunately, I have also found http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/support/index.html site. Here you can find drivers specifically for the ST4120P version, not just ST4120. I tried with the pen driver, but it also didn't work at the begining. But then I've done something like that (unfortunately I don't remember perfectly): I selected both Unknown Devices in device manager and uninstalled them. Then, I clicked Add new device in Windows Control Panel, selected 'add new device' or something like that. When the wizard asked me for the device type, I clicked 'have disk' and pointed it to the path, where I have extracted files for the pen driver (downloaded from support.ts.fujitsu.com site). Later I have installed the tablet buttons driver in the same way. After this (and perhaps a reboot, I don't remember) the pen finally started to work !

Hope this will help, if you have any questions just ask me here.

Return to “STYLISTIC Tablet PC”