Scebic W600 + Adaptec RAID controller

All topics related to PC
silversf

Scebic W600 + Adaptec RAID controller

Postby silversf » Sun Sep 11, 2005 16:25

Hi !<P>I have a scenic w600 computer and I bought a adaptec 1200 raid controller to put 2 hdd in raid. But when I'm stating the computer the controller is not recognize and I receive the following error message: Extension ROM couldn't be initialized .... bus x slot y (the slot number points to controller's slot) and the computer beeps twice. I updated the bios and firmware but the mainbord still don't recognize the controller. Any suggestions, because I have reach the bottom of the idea bag.<P>Thanks.

Juggernaut

Re: Scebic W600 + Adaptec RAID controller

Postby Juggernaut » Sun Sep 11, 2005 17:30

Try another slot. Also you might try disabling some unused features that use up lots of BIOS memory space like "USB Legacy Support"...<P>

MrNice

Re: Scebic W600 + Adaptec RAID controller

Postby MrNice » Mon Sep 12, 2005 0:13

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silversf:<BR><B>Hi !<P>I have a scenic w600 computer and I bought a adaptec 1200 raid controller to put 2 hdd in raid. But when I'm stating the computer the controller is not recognize and I receive the following error message: Extension ROM couldn't be initialized .... bus x slot y (the slot number points to controller's slot) and the computer beeps twice. I updated the bios and firmware but the mainbord still don't recognize the controller. Any suggestions, because I have reach the bottom of the idea bag.<P>Thanks.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Do the following to get the right work space for the controller. <BR>Enter the Bios (press F2 at start) and then go to ADVANCED-->ADVANCED SYSTEM CONFIGURATION-->BIOS WORK SPACE LOCATION and set the value to 'In Top of Base Memory'.<BR>Now the controller should be recognized and work fine. If not, disable options in Bios like LAN Boot or onboard components yo do not need.<P>greets

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”