mouse and keyboards not responding

All topics related to PC
counta

mouse and keyboards not responding

Postby counta » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:38

I have a fujitsu Siemens xpert with windows Xp. I have a wireless mouse and kb. Suddenly, the mouse and kb are not responding. I tried the original mouse and kb...Not responding again.<P>When I start the computer. Everything is ok...Only I can not give any order to the PC because neither the mouse nor the kb answers...<P>What can I do ?<BR>

Juggernaut

Re: mouse and keyboards not responding

Postby Juggernaut » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:30

USB or PS/2 Mouse & Keyboard?<P>If PS/2, are they plugged into the right ports, not swapped?

counta

Postby counta » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:19

I had a Usb wireless mouse and kb. This does not work anymore.<BR>I have the original PS/2 mouse & Kb. It does not work either.<P>I have chekes wires and good connection.<BR> <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juggernaut:<BR><B>USB or PS/2 Mouse & Keyboard?<P>If PS/2, are they plugged into the right ports, not swapped? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Juggernaut

Postby Juggernaut » Sat Sep 03, 2005 13:06

Uhm...if BOTH dont work any more this is extremely strange, because they use completely different parts of the mainboard.<P>Do these keyboards work in BIOS Setup still? Press DEL or F2 (depending on mainboard) repeatedly after you started the PC. <P>If there the keyboard works then it must be some sofftware related problem (Virus? Joke programm?)

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”