problem with dvd rom drive

All topics related to PC
hit_for_6

problem with dvd rom drive

Postby hit_for_6 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 15:04

Something has gone very wrong inside my pc. It crashed once whilst trying to load a game which had run perfectly the day before. the model of disk drive is a SAMSUNG SD-612S on a Euroline pc. the disk drive now fails to read any disk which is placed in it. however on the drive properties dialogue box it claims the device is working properly and the driver is up to date. <P>my only guess is that the drive has died on me but surely that would have brought up an error message and it would tell me it was not working properly.<P>any help please

MrNice

Re: problem with dvd rom drive

Postby MrNice » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:47

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hit_for_6:<BR><B>Something has gone very wrong inside my pc. It crashed once whilst trying to load a game which had run perfectly the day before. the model of disk drive is a SAMSUNG SD-612S on a Euroline pc. the disk drive now fails to read any disk which is placed in it. however on the drive properties dialogue box it claims the device is working properly and the driver is up to date. <P>my only guess is that the drive has died on me but surely that would have brought up an error message and it would tell me it was not working properly.<P>any help please</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Try to boot with the optical drive. Place a bootable disk in it, like Win200 or WinXP CD an change the boot sequence in bios, so that the pc will start from cdrom. If this works, the drive is ok an your system is corrupt.<P>greets<BR>

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”