[AMILO Li1718] What is first steps?

Moderator: ModTeam

Thiefdread

[AMILO Li1718] What is first steps?

Postby Thiefdread » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:10

Good day all

Anyone know what first steps is? And how to uninstall it?
What do I need it for? It doesn't work. I've got a vista and first steps
never has worked.
\"Legalize dreams\"

TheConfidant

Postby TheConfidant » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:55

try run first step as administrator, then it should work.
right mouse click on First Step Icon on Desktop and "Run as Administrator".

First Step is a FSC Tool to give you a System viewer (you see all changes since delivery), System comparison (shows inventory changes since delivery) and System test (CPU / Memory / HDD / Optical drives)

Nice to have

rgds
theconfidant

matt-hall-08
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 1718.

Postby matt-hall-08 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 19:34

Yer, good software although initally I had a real struggle to get it work on my Amilo Li 1718. I hear that it is contained in the preinstalled operating system and once unistalled cannot be installed again. Seems daft really as most other drivers and programmes can be downloaded for Fujitsu Siemens support online. I did use the HDBR Recovery Programme, which is what takes 12GB of my hard drive on my Amilo. At first, I did fell that this was a waste, but when i had to revert back to the factory settings, I was glad of the feature. I restored it, and now my FirstSteps works fine, as long as I right click on the icon and select "Run as administrator", seems that the software does not work unless you are an administrator. But it would be nice to get a message like, "FirstSteps, requires you to be an Administrator", and then include instructions on how to run as an adminstrator, instead of that rather annoying. "FirstSteps has stopped working, Windows is searching fora solution, that soultion being "Exit the program" Well thats helpful!

Matt

Return to “AMILO Notebook”