SERIOUS PERFORMANCE PROBLEM Mx43x - Lagging Issue

Moderator: ModTeam

Raven_

Postby Raven_ » Tue Mar 13, 2007 20:56

just a note:
I have been able to reproduce a first lag/brr since i started to use 7200rpm hds. (may last year) I was doing some intensive wav form processing, compiling of dv avi and copying from a usb stick when it happened a few times. It never happened before. not with gaming either.

funkyduck

Postby funkyduck » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:31

No posts exist for this topic ?

funkyduck

Postby funkyduck » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:33

Now, my laptop reboots when unpacking a file. It can't read from the file it says.

and then I get this error report:

http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/Resp ... 1bfcfc3846

Sw0rdf1sh

Postby Sw0rdf1sh » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:41

The lag has to do with the ammount of data saved on the hdd.I am a dj from Greece with a M1437G laptop and from my job I tested this problem for a long time...For example when my HDD is 30% full I don't get the brrr.When the hdd is 50% full I get the brrr sound but only on the speakers of the laptop and not in any other soundcard connected.Also the lag is longer at 50% of the the drive and on 15% (strangly not in 30%)

I saw a reply talking about installing programms and saving mp3s in external hdd.
Believe me I have tried that and I had the same lags.

I have tried the via raid driver v350c and the lags were longer but the brrr sound was eliminated.
PS:Someone has to tell VIA that we don't need a driver for smoother lags.We need to stop this damn bug.

Also the lag comes every hour from the boot when the load to hdd is 50% or less.That is a fact for me for every night for the past 2 years I play music for a club because I know when I have to use cds!!!

The hole damn chipset is wrong not only the SATA Connector on the HDD.
The thing that makes me wonder is that the first week I bought the laptop I used it on the edge doing many things to check it because here in Greece some stores give you the advantage of bringing back what you took and getting your money back for the first week.For the first month nothing happend.There was no lag...!Why?And that is the only question I need help because all the other things (i mean the lags,sata connector,brrr sounds) are loud and clear to all of us.

Thanx for your time guys.
Bye

funkyduck

Postby funkyduck » Tue Mar 27, 2007 17:11

When I use DVD-rebuilder to rebuild a DVD, my laptop always hangs after 30 seconds. Then it reboots. On all other pc's in the world this problem with this program does not occur.

Please someone test this program on your laptop and let me know if you get the same problem. (you only have to start a rebuild session and rebuild dvd files from the video_ts map on your harddrive)

I mirrored the executable file of the program (freeware) on:
http://www.bespreking.nl/download/DVDre ... /setup.exe

funkyduck

Postby funkyduck » Tue Apr 03, 2007 17:40

no one wants to test? :?

mrcreativity

Postby mrcreativity » Wed Apr 04, 2007 16:02

Just downloaded and installed Via drivers for my 3438G, version 5.30c released on 19th June.

My laptop started lagging like hell. I've had this laptop for over a year and all the lagging disappeared when I uninstalled the supplied Norton Suite.

Have done numerous OS reinstalls and never faced the lagging but these latest drivers scared the crap out of me.

Fortunately, I was able to install the previous version (Cant remember the number) and all is well again.
The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

lonboy

I'm a fomer Amilo 3438G owner

Postby lonboy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 17:57

You can read my old messages in this forum. I bought this garbage in 12/2005 I returned it in 02/2006. Thanks to the shop not to Fujitsu. Fujitsu- Siemens Spain customer support said to me that I was a lyier and nothing was wrong with my 3438g. After that I have bought two new laptops with these results:

03/2006 LG P1 Express Core Duo: Great laptop no problems.

07/2006 Apple Macbook White Core Duo 1,86: This laptop had the decoloration issue but after some days arguing with Apple they finally replaced it for a new 'good' computer. Up to now Apple has solved most the problems with his first Intel computer. That's the difference between some companies and others. Some of them try to solve the problems others even don't assume their errors.

My advice: Don't buy Fujitsu-Siemens anymore.

P.D. It's funny but my Macbook works very well with a internal seagate Hdd and worse with a Fujitsu one that are known to be very good HDDs.

My next laptop: Who knows, probabbly another Apple, a Sony Vaio or a HP.

bennyboy

My dead M3438G

Postby bennyboy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:09

I am shocked to read about all of the problems with these laptops. I bought the M3438G off Ebay about a month ago and started to play Ghost Recon:Advance Warfighter, which although was fantastic kept hanging up and locking.
The only way to get out of this was to turn off the computer. On the main bios screen when you switch the computer on again, it would freeze for 2 or 3 attempts but eventually start up again and go into Windows.

I was playing on it a week ago and it crashed again. I restarted the computer and it hung on the bios fujitsu siemens screen. I turned it off then on again and NOTHING!!!!

I have power going through to hard drives and dvd drive - but just black screen - no attempt to boot up at all.

I have now found that either the Bios chip or the motherboard - I believe you can't replace one without the other is dead and I now have no laptop at all.

I am devastated to believe that Fujitsu have let this happen to their customers. Why have they not taken heed at the start of this thread and either scrapped the model, or recalled them.

I would like to thank you for creating this thread as it does enlighten me to the problem in a very depressing way as it does mean I have no means to get my 'new' computer fixed.

Thanks Fujitsu!!!

Ben

Amilo M3438G

ArneHB

Posible solution that fixed my lag problem

Postby ArneHB » Mon Apr 23, 2007 21:11

I found a posible solution for this problem, atleast it worked for me. I bought a external sound card, and I'm not getting any more lag anymore. I bought Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 NX. You also have ZS edition which is external soundcard too but is PCMCIA, that port isn't on my Amilio M4438g. You also have Logitech Premium USB Headset 350 which will work as a external soundcard.

BadSector

Postby BadSector » Tue May 15, 2007 9:25

There are new drivers from VIA. From what I have seen till now they are no worse than the latest stable. You can try them:
http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/vraid_driver_v550b.zip

funkyduck

Postby funkyduck » Tue May 15, 2007 19:46

The service repaired my notebook and they put in a new motherboard (007) and new RAM, HD and videocard.

My notebook is better now.

How can I test if I still have the problem you guys are talking about?

funkyduck

Postby funkyduck » Tue Jul 24, 2007 22:50

The problem I still have is that sometimes my screen are all stripes.
I tried to install the latest driver from ATI, but it won't install on my laptop.
Anyone sugestions?

StudioMusician

Re:

Postby StudioMusician » Fri Jul 27, 2007 19:01

funkyduck wrote:The problem I still have is that sometimes my screen are all stripes.
I tried to install the latest driver from ATI, but it won't install on my laptop.
Anyone sugestions?

Like this?

If so, see here.... http://forum.ts.fujitsu.com/foru ... hp?t=21501

Pilot7

Postby Pilot7 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:15

I do wonder whatever happened to Borkar's M3438G. Somehow he just disappeared after telling us that he was taking the issue to court....

Return to “AMILO Notebook”