[Amilo P] OpenGL drivers

Moderator: ModTeam

bkotsias

[Amilo P] OpenGL drivers

Postby bkotsias » Fri Jan 12, 2007 16:45

Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the standard ATI OpenGL drivers? My version seems to be buggy as it leads to enormous RAM accumulation.

To be exact, I use a 3d editor called "Anim8or" which uses OpenGL. After a few minutes working with it, more than 500MB of RAM are claimed for no apparent reason and, eventually, the program crashes.

I have contacted the "Anim8or" author, but after a few tests it became apparent that the problem lies with OpenGL.

I even downloaded the Radeon Omega v3.8.291 drivers but the same problem persists.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a different OpenGL version? My system is an AmiloPa1510 (Xpress 1100, 128MB Shared, WinXP SP2).

Many thanks in advance,

Bill Kotsias

shtraue

Postby shtraue » Fri Jan 12, 2007 17:25

Currently Omega drivers are based on an older Catalyst 6.9, and maybe your problem will not occur once Omega will be updated to the latest Catalyst version, or maybe you'll find another modified driver that will work for your x1100 chip. And in case the problem will still be there after upgrade, you probably should submit a bug report to ATI.

Or you could try to replace your older Catalyst files installed in your system, which provide OpenGL functionality, with newer Catalyst files. These files begin with name "atiogl", I think.

Note, that I have never tried that supposed hack myself, so I have absolutely no idea if it will work or not.

Note, for example, that atioglgl.dl_ is a compressed file and to uncompress it to atioglgl.dll you will need to use "Microsoft File Expansion Utility" (Google for it).

Return to “AMILO Notebook”