[Amilo Pro] Random cursor problems Amilo Pro V2045

Moderator: ModTeam

timnew

[Amilo Pro] Random cursor problems Amilo Pro V2045

Postby timnew » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:19

Randomly the cursor will shoot to top right and close the program – eg word, IE etc.

No obvious signs that it is due to static, overheating, any particular program or combination of programs etc

any thoughts welcomed!

kwaq

Postby kwaq » Thu Jan 04, 2007 23:15

Check your laptop with some antivirus software. Of course, it sometimes happen that cursor go to place it wasn't supposed to go, but that specific thing with closing window is at least suspicious...
FSC Lifebook E6595 PIII M 850MHz, 256 MB, ATI M4 16MB, HDD 20GB, _NEC DVD+-RW ND-6500A; and an original FSC mini RF mouse ;P

timnew

v2045 problems continue

Postby timnew » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:47

I have used all normal AV and spyware etc. The machine is almost new and has had the problem from the start. I am an experienced user.

I can send it back under warranty but because its random I'm not sure they can recreate quickly/easily.

All ideas gratefully received!

gokkor

same goes for me as well

Postby gokkor » Thu Feb 01, 2007 19:20

Well, I've the exact problem since I've bought the stupid machine! Cursor randomly jumps from place to place. i think it's either because the touchpad is defected or because it's located just above wireless module and it interferes with touchpad's capasitive sensor arroy (or whatever they call it)

Oh, BTW, a new touch pad is really cheap and rather than giving my laptop to stupid FSC service here in Turkey (and wait till the end of time to get it back) i would like to change it myself, but guess what???? They don't even have one in their stocks. So even i give my device to them, they won't be able to repair it for a looooooooooong time.

argh, never ever never never never buy a computer from fujitsu-siemens!
Go Out! Life is there waiting for you, not here in front of a screen :)

timnew

update

Postby timnew » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:30

I have sent it back to FS for warranty repair. They had problems re-creating. No surprise as it is intermittent and not due to known cause.

They are now reformatting and reinstalling all software....

timnew

V2045 touchpad problem continues

Postby timnew » Mon Mar 19, 2007 13:58

the laptop has been returned to me and has been used with almost no software installed (office only). The same problems continue.

Any ideas?

Return to “AMILO Pro”