Hard drive

Moderator: ModTeam

musicthom

Hard drive

Postby musicthom » Mon Dec 11, 2006 14:12

iv just connected a 250 gig hard drive it appeares in device manager but not on my computer and as i want to move files to it this is immposable if i cant find it any thoughts please and as i dont know the tech jargin it makes it hard to understand when i read info can anyone give me an idiots guide the connecting was simple as all connectors were marked
thanks

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Postby bubblegum » Mon Dec 11, 2006 16:33

Hi, at the end of the drive there will be are 6-8 pairs of pins. Have you set this to slave or master. You must be booting up the master, so you need to set the jumper/link to slave.

musicthom

re

Postby musicthom » Mon Dec 11, 2006 17:02

hi there yes the guy in the shop did that for me and its set to slave

Stubby

Postby Stubby » Mon Dec 11, 2006 18:55

Hi, i'm not the most techically minded person in such things but if it is registering in device manager but not in my computer, the simplist thing i can think of is to ask is the drive been partitioned and formatted once it was installed. Sorry if you've already done that and i've misunderstood but sometimes it is the simplest things that catch us out!

There is a way to do this within windows but i'm unfamiliar with it as i use 3rd party software such as paragon's or powerquest's partitioning software so someone else may be able to explain how to do it through windows.

musicthom

Re:

Postby musicthom » Mon Dec 11, 2006 19:42

Stubby wrote:Hi, i'm not the most techically minded person in such things but if it is registering in device manager but not in my computer, the simplist thing i can think of is to ask is the drive been partitioned and formatted once it was installed. Sorry if you've already done that and i've misunderstood but sometimes it is the simplest things that catch us out!

There is a way to do this within windows but i'm unfamiliar with it as i use 3rd party software such as paragon's or powerquest's partitioning software so someone else may be able to explain how to do it through windows.

your right i didnt know you had to do that and as im fairly new to computers i dont know how to do that i will google it and see what i get thanks stubby

musicthom

re

Postby musicthom » Mon Dec 11, 2006 23:05

Spot on stubby thats it all done thanks for the help

Return to “General topics”