Celcius R610 Workstation Wont Boot

Moderator: ModTeam

bensewell

Celcius R610 Workstation Wont Boot

Postby bensewell » Tue Dec 05, 2006 14:37

Hiya All,

I've got a fujitsu celcius R610 workstation. This can run dual xeons at 3.0ghz. I've got two 2.8ghz xeons installed at the minute. The prob is it wont boot. I've checked everything so far like. Changed CPU, installed 1 CPU, tested RAID setup & disks. Setup on IDE disks and my problem seems to be pointing to the RAM installed.

According to the manual this machine takes 266mhz DDR PC2100 RAM but for some reason its got 333mhz DDR PC2700 RAM in it. It wont boot all i get is all the fans spinning, disks spinning. Looks as if its going to boot but no. If i move the RAM into another slot it beeps at me.

It beeps 4, then 3, then 1, then 2.

I'm sure its down to the RAM. Can some of the tecchie people have a think for me before i go and spend some money on some RAM?

jingo2000

Postby jingo2000 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 18:26

Hi

Daft question but have you got a spare Video card you could try?

I had the same prtoblem and the video card was fried which stopped it booting

bensewell

Postby bensewell » Tue Dec 05, 2006 23:11

Yeah i tried a different graphics card because my monitor doesnt support DVI and i didnt have a DVI converter cable thing. I'm tempted to think its either RAM or Motherboard but can't be certain.

Thanks, Ben

bensewell

Postby bensewell » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:31

I've got some more info. My system is based on a Tyan Thunder i705 (S2665) Chipset.

When the system wont boot, it doesnt display an image to the screen either and the power and hard drive lights are constantly on, no flashing??

Its says i need either DDR ECC unbuffered or non ECC unbuffered and that memory needs to be installed in pairs. This is why it might not be working. I might chance it and get another memory module or two cheap ones of ebay. If it dont work i can resell them back.

I'll spend some money on pay day and see what happens.

Any Ideas? If it all goes tits up i'm stripping it down and selling for spare parts might get enough money to half fund a decent setup.

Return to “CELSIUS Workstations”