celsius h240 and fingerprint sensor

Moderator: ModTeam

boriq

celsius h240 and fingerprint sensor

Postby boriq » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:48

Hi,

I just bought new celsius h240. According to official datasheet it should contain also the fingerprint sensor. I'm just wondering where should I find this sensor, because under touchpad between left and right mouse buttons is only the "scroll ball". Or am I missing something?
Do I need to install a special software to use this fingerprint sensor if present of course?

thanks in advance.
Boris

shtraue

Postby shtraue » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:44

Fingerprint sensor, is an optional component, not a standard one, so you may not necessarily have it in your particular machine configuration.

If I'm not mistaken, fingerprint sensor is shown on this picture. Does your machine look the same way?

boriq

Postby boriq » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:09

yes, my machine looks exactly same way. But when I see for example a usb fingerprint reader, it has a quite wide glass part on which I put my finger (min 1cm long) and here on the laptop it is not present. So I'm asking myself how can this sensor scan my fingerprint when it has no place for my end part of a finger?

However you said that it's fingerprint sensor, so can you write me how should I use it and what software I need?

Thanks,
Boris

shtraue

Postby shtraue » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:29

I don't have that notebook, but I suppose you have to move your finger down and the "strip" (located at the bottom part of your touchpad) will scan your finger, as you move it down; like shown on picture below:

As about software, I cannot tell much. I suppose FSC should have bundled at least some biometric software with your machine, or maybe you can protect BIOS with your fingerprint, and so you can test it. And for more serious software, I guess you should Google for it.

boriq

Postby boriq » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:32

thanks for clearing this thing up.

Return to “CELSIUS Mobile Workstations”