Scaleo E - Geforce6600

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

peen

Scaleo E - Geforce6600

Postby peen » Tue Nov 14, 2006 20:46

Hello,

I have tried to find any specification on the graphic card Nvidia Geforce6600.
Who is the manufacturer?
Is it possible to get a VGA-signal out of it (besides TV-out and DVI)?
I want to have a secondary screen, a TFT-monitor.

Demokritos

Postby Demokritos » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:45

The manufacturer of that card is NVidia. You'll find the information you need in the section for that card model on http://www.nvidia.com.

To be precise, NVidia is the manufacturer of the graphics processing unit (circuitry) called "GeForce 6600...". Other manufacturer are licensed to use this curcuitry and produce their own variant of it. Asus, Gainward, Gigabyte and Sapphire are just a few examples of such manufacturers. So, when these manufacturers produce graphics cards using Nvidias GPU they market them accordingly, like "Asus GeForce 6600...", "Gainward GeForce 6600..." etc.

Another big manufacturer of GPU is ATI. They call their GPUs for "Radeon...".

All cards come in different versions. I'm sure you can find the version you need. If not, just ask someone who sells graphics cards.

peen

Postby peen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:05

I have found out (by reading the marking on the card) that the manufacturer is Leadtek, but I can´t find any spec on http://www.leadtek.com.

Demokritos

Postby Demokritos » Thu Nov 16, 2006 13:46

Maybe I didn't express myself clearly enough. NVidia has designed the "engine" of all cards that are called "GeForce". But other companies can take this engine (after having been licensed to do so by NVidia), trim it to their own specifications (to some degree) and put different chassis around it etc. That's what Leadtek has done, in your case.
Now, on Leadtek's site, first click the picture named "3D Graphics". Then you're transferred to a page with a small list of products links on the left side of the screen. Click the link for "GeForce 6 Series" there (all NVidia GeForce cards with a model number that begins with a "6" belong to the "GeForce 6 Series"). You will be taken to a page which list ten different models of GeForce 6600 cards then. Find the exact match in name for your card there (the name "Leadtek Geforce 6600" is not saying more about what card you have than the name "Volvo Sedan" says about what car model you have).

peen

Postby peen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 20:50

You were clearly enough, I understood you in first place. :wink:

The card was marked LR2A2L 256MB. It is a lowprofile with a heatsink. I can't find this combination at leadtek.com. What I trying to find out is if there is any way to get a VGA-signal out from the card.

Demokritos

Postby Demokritos » Fri Nov 17, 2006 22:17

Are you sure that's the correct name of that card? Because, when I search for it on google I get no hits for it whatsoever. That's not a likely result, if there ever was such a card on the market.

If all you need is to find out whether that card has a VGA-out option maybe you don't need to know the exact name of the card. I'm not familiar with VGA connections, but if you search for "VGA" on Google there must be some answers which show you how such a connection look like and then, if you have picture of that, just see if it looks like the ones you have on your card.

Or, there should be ?-to-VGA-adapters for whatever connection you have. Check sites that sell graphics card and the specifications for a card on such a site. They usually enumerate the kind of connections the card have and then you can see what kind of connections to look for on the net, so that you finally get to know by comparison what kind of connections your card has.

Return to “SCALEO”