AMILO L7320GW - battery life

Moderator: ModTeam

chippy

AMILO L7320GW - battery life

Postby chippy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 17:10

I just bought a AMILO L7320GW. The battery life appears to be very poor. It lasts just around an hour!!! Is this correct? Any idea where i can download the manual or user specs for this laptop?

The manual that comes with the laptop is not very useful.

Thanks
Chippy

vatk

Postby vatk » Tue Oct 03, 2006 19:15

I have the same problem, concerning battery life.
More specifically, the battery after a full charge, lasts only 50 minutes, without heavy usage!!
Is that normal or should i check the battery into service?
Thanks in advance for any help!

kosten

Re:

Postby kosten » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:04

vatk wrote:I have the same problem, concerning battery life.
More specifically, the battery after a full charge, lasts only 50 minutes, without heavy usage!!
Is that normal or should i check the battery into service?
Thanks in advance for any help!

The same with my L7310W. It runs only about 1h, maybe even less. The capacity of the battery is not enough for long-lasting usage.

I've requested FSC here in Latvia for if there any other batteries on the market with larger capacity. They say that the largest one is 4.4 Ah, and it runs about 2h and costs approx. 120 EUR

vatk

Postby vatk » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:39

Is your battery new?
Mine is brand new and lasts 45-50 minutes.
I have expected at least 1,5 hours, as the specification sheet states.
But, as you say, with a battery of 2000 mah you can't expect anything better :(

chippy

Postby chippy » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:10

i had a word with the seller's helpdesk and they say that 1 hour is normal for this laptop...oh well, what can you do hey.

have you guys any idea on how to configure the wireless so that it comes on automatically when starting up??

chippy

Anna87

Postby Anna87 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 16:06

Hello! I've got a K7610W with the same problem...the battery lasts only for an hour, although I just listen to music or surf on the internet. I brought it to service last month, the battery has been changed but the problem is still there. Once I've heard that there are some options on notebooks how to make battery's life longer but I haven't got any idea what should I do.

kosten

Re:

Postby kosten » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:45

Anna87 wrote:Hello! I've got a K7610W with the same problem...the battery lasts only for an hour, although I just listen to music or surf on the internet. I brought it to service last month, the battery has been changed but the problem is still there. Once I've heard that there are some options on notebooks how to make battery's life longer but I haven't got any idea what should I do.

The only idea I have is to configure the battery with the software. By using utility managing the use of power on certain system components I save about 15-20 minutes. And, switching off the LCD when I don't need it.

kosten

Re:

Postby kosten » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:47

vatk wrote:Is your battery new?

The whole Amilo is brand new :-)

Return to “AMILO Notebook”