Help! how do I connect with dial up?

Moderator: ModTeam

types26/36/74

Help! how do I connect with dial up?

Postby types26/36/74 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:31

I bought a new Amilo M 7400 Centrino laptop about 2 years ago, it is wireless enabled so I have been using via the wireless connection in this time.
I now want to connect up by a dial up connection at a different location but it will just not connect up, I just get a message:
"Error 692: There was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device)"
The laptop has a built in Algere SystemsAC'97 Modem, I have checked it is enabled and it appears to have no conflict.
I also have an old Toshiba laptop which will connect up using a 56k fax/modem card
If I put the modem card in the Amilo laptop using the same connecting cable I get the same failure message so it cannot be the modem or cable.
The modem card is also installed and enabled on the Amilo laptop.
Can any one give me any advice as to the problem? I am not very computer literate so please any advise would have to be explained simply.
Thanks for any replies,
Brian

kosten

Postby kosten » Mon Oct 02, 2006 15:41

try to reinstall the hardware by removing it from the system (in device manager), then reboot.

After that, configure the settings of the modem according your needs and create new connection.

types26/36/74

Postby types26/36/74 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 16:52

Thanks for taking time to reply, I have removed the modem card and reinstalled it a couple of times rebooting and making a new connection, in fact I have done it with a couple of cards but no joy :cry: :cry:

Return to “AMILO Notebook”