IEEE 1394 Driver not starting (Part 2)

All topics related to PC
Patife

IEEE 1394 Driver not starting (Part 2)

Postby Patife » Thu Jul 31, 2003 21:19

8) Downloaded and ran the Scaleo.exe driver pack found somewhere in these webpages<P>9) Scratched open a hole in the wall using my right thumb only (it was hot, I needed ventilation)<P>The problem remains. As I'm using a Norwegian version of Windows XP, I will attempt to translate the error message, but also provide it in Norwegian:<P>(Norwegian)<BR>Denne enheten kan ikke starte. (Kode 10)<P>(Translation to English)<BR>This unit cannot start. (Code 10)<P>This message is the ONLY indication of a problem with the driver. It is found under the GENERAL tab of the property page of the VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394-hostadapter, within System properties (Device manager)<P>As you probably have realized by now, I am fairly knowlegeable with computers. I work as an IT support manager, and have over 20 years of experience in developing applications, however, this one is a hard nut to *****, and I must admit to find myself searching for a solution. After reading hundreds of similar posts, all without any solution, I finally caved in and came here to ask for help. My experience dictates that this is NOT a hardware problem.<P>Best regards,<BR>P.Dias<BR>Lillestrøm, Norway

Juggernaut

Re: IEEE 1394 Driver not starting (Part 2)

Postby Juggernaut » Fri Aug 01, 2003 9:01

what Mainboard? <P>To find out:<BR> <A HREF="/talk2/ubb-files/Forum1/HTML/001994.html" TARGET=_blank>/talk2/ubb-files/Forum1/HTML/001994.html</A>

Binary

Postby Binary » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:01

Usually WinXP is quite capable of installing the needed driver for this device. This error: Code 10 This device cannot start. Device failed to start. Click Update Driver to update the drivers for this device.<BR>On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard.<BR>==<BR>There is the possibility that the driver has a conflict with some other component. You can make sure through a clean install of Windows. That should result in an correctly operating device. If not, then it looks like a hardware defect.

Patife

Postby Patife » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:16

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B><BR>There is the possibility that the driver has a conflict with some other component. You can make sure through a clean install of Windows. That should result in an correctly operating device. If not, then it looks like a hardware defect.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That would perhaps solve the problem temporarily, but since I did no installations prior, during, or preceding the device working, I suspect that the same problem might reoccur.<P>Oh, and btw, the mainboard BIOS is up to date, I checked it (I'm at work now, and don't have the problem computer close)<P>Also, for the one suggesting that I run wizard - you can't have read my post, can you [img]/talk2/ubb-files/smile.gif[/img]<P>

Recercare

Postby Recercare » Fri Aug 01, 2003 18:37

Hvorfor konkluderer du med at dette ikke kan väre en hardwarefeil ? Jeg har feilmeldt isdn-adaptere i bötter og spann som fölge av denne feilmeldingen, og det har i 90% av tilfellene vist seg at det faktisk var en fysisk feil. <P>Ellers kan det lönne seg å sette PCI-kort i et annen PCI-slot, ettersom dette kan skape konflikter (som ikke vises i enhetsbehandling). Särlig hvis du har et PCI-modem.<P>Ellers, deaktiver alt som har med antivirusprogram å gjöre, skrell vekk alt i msconfig og scan maskina for spyware. <BR> <p>[This message has been edited by Recercare (edited 01 August 2003).]

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”