Scaleo E - Analog video capture with hauppauge HVR 1300

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

Fran

Scaleo E - Analog video capture with hauppauge HVR 1300

Postby Fran » Tue Jan 24, 2006 17:33

Dear All:

Last christmas I purchased a Scaleo E with 1GB RAM, 160 GB HDD and 2 Hauppauge HVR 1300 hybrid TV cards.

I'm mostly satisfied with it as the performance is great and the feature rich MCE 2005 functionality keeps my family multimedia needs really high without the hassle and complexity of the windows enviroment.

Last weekend I tried one of the most important reason to buy such multimedia monster: "analog video capture" to be able to transfer all the VHS family tapes we have collected through the time with all our family memories inside.

Then all my frustration with the equipment started. First MCE is not able to perform analog video capture if not configured solely to accept analog video signal from one external source like a Satelite or TDT receiver. If you do that your loose TDT or Analog TV signals.

Well, I forgot this blood.. MCE and used the preinstalled "Windows Movie Maker" or even the Nero Vision Express bundle.

Analog video capture can be done after a mess of video source selection options (2 huppauge cards x 2 S-Video Inputs + 2 composite video imputs = Input nightmare) but only video!!! Audio is not present!!!

You cannot select the audio source in any of the above mentioned programs, is allways fixed on HDA Realtek audio card.

I've tried front S-Video, composite connectors, rear built-in connectors on either card and even the AUX Scart input . None of them leave you capture the audio of the external video stream with these applications.

How is this possible? a 1.200 € powerful enough state-of-the-art system is not able to capture video+audio signal from external sources? Where we're going to connect our analog tape decks or analog videocameras?

Even the cheapets DVD+HDD recorders available currently on the market are able to do this with simple interfaces for non advanced users.

am I doing anything wrong ?

Any clues? Your help and support will be welcome!

Fran

Postby Fran » Mon Jan 30, 2006 17:06

Hey FSC Support, at a Spanish Forum: http://www.kubysystem.com a lot of annoyed Scaleo E users are complaining about the same problem. They cannot use the video capture functionalities of the hauppauge 1300 HVR cards because of the audio lack.

Where the hell are the audio interfaces of the 2 capture boards?

In control panel you can see all of them in Multimedia devices but can not access audio interfaces different from Realtek HDA on capturing programs like Nero Vision Express or MS Movie Maker.

Please support us !!!!

edu

Postby edu » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:00

Dear Fujitsu-Siemens Support Department,
Would you be so kind to give Fran a fast and accurate reply?
We are all wating to see some movement from your side.

I think we deserve some attention as we are the buyers and you the suppliers.
Thanks for your time.
Regards

Edu

gcotogno

No Audio out of Media Center

Postby gcotogno » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:29

Dear All,
I have the same problem, Fran experienced, with my Scaleo P and the Hauppauge HVR 1300. I am still wondering how I can record video and audio together by software such as Windows Movie Maker or Nero Vision Express. No way, there is no audio source to configure other than the Realtek Audio Input. How can I get audio out of my TV card? Please, give us a soon answer.

Giulio

Juggernaut

Re:

Postby Juggernaut » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:44

edu wrote:Dear Fujitsu-Siemens Support Department,
Would you be so kind to give Fran a fast and accurate reply?
We are all wating to see some movement from your side.

I think we deserve some attention as we are the buyers and you the suppliers.

In case you didn't notice, this is a User to User forum. No FSC support people here.

gcotogno

Audio form Hauppauge card

Postby gcotogno » Sun Feb 26, 2006 15:13

Dear All,
may be it could help you. I downloaded the hcw_2.1 .exe from the hauppauge website (italian version) (http://www.hauppauge.de/ital/pages/supp ... 90002.html).

Installing the software you will be able to hear the audio. I do not have the chance to test the composite video input but it should work. In fact I can now hear the audio of the TV having selected the "WinTv Wave" as the audio source of the WinTv program.

Regards

Giulio

Scorpio92

Same Trouble

Postby Scorpio92 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 18:53

Hello
I'm French guy, and I have buy this Media Center last month.
I have the same trouble, no audio by front / rear cinch input. too, only Realtek input is enable. WHY ???
And, I have another trouble, my vidéo is bad...ligne black/blue with cinch or S-video...I have tried PAL, SECAM.....same thing.
Fujitsu ???? Could you help us, please ????
Thank

Scorpio92 :wink:

Scorpio92

THE solution

Postby Scorpio92 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:36

Hey all

I've found THE solution for recorded video by RCA / S-Video Input AND Audio.
But....I'ts not realy clean !

I've make:................. FORMAT C: !!!!!!!!
And I've installed Windows XP Pro , and WinTV / Drivers Hauppauge from url:
http://www.hauppauge.fr/pages/support/s ... ml#pilotes

Now, I've all chanels, analog or TNT, composit, s-video + audio....And I can record all video/audio input from front/rear panel ....so...all works fine...and now, I thing to install "Media Portal" or Meedio for Media Center function.

THANKS MICROSOFT !!!!!!!!! (and Fujitsu !!!!) :evil:

Bye
Scorpio92

Fran

Postby Fran » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:53

So finally the problem is related with that bloody MediaCenter Edition Software from Microsoft.

Or maybe is a malfunction of the captureboards MCD drivers!!

I doubted it from the very beggining because there weren't any A/V inputs on the selection boxes of MS Moviemaker or Nero Vision Express.

Keep on investigation! :roll:

Scorpio92

Another article for this

Postby Scorpio92 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 17:33

WinTV2000 doesn't find any channels on MCE

It is assumed that you will be using the Media Center interface if you have purchased an MCE2005 machine. If you still want to run WinTV2000 you will need to close the Media Center Receiver service prior to running WinTV2000 to free up the card's driver. The easiest way is to create a batch file with the following:

@ECHO OFF
CLS
ECHO Closing Media Center Services...
net stop ehrecvr
net stop ehsched
CLS
ECHO Starting WinTV2000...
start /wait C:\\Progra~1\\WinTV\\WinTV2K.EXE -cg
CLS
ECHO Restarting Media Center Services...
net start ehrecvr
net start ehsched
What this will do is stop the Media Center services, then start WinTV2000 and wait until you close it at which point it will restart the services.

Fran

Postby Fran » Thu Mar 02, 2006 17:46

Many Thanks, In will try this trick !

Regards

Scorpio92

Postby Scorpio92 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 19:17

Hey Fran

Could you send me one report after you have try this "net stop....."
Because, if it works, I will reinstall XP MCE 2005.
Many thanks

Scorpio92

Sorry for my poor english, i'm french, and I've never learn English

Fran

Postby Fran » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:47

Ok, I'm Spanish but I've been working for multinational french companies for a long time.

Your english it's quite acceptable to be able to communicate with all of us. Congratulations!

I'll try the procedure this weekend and keep you informed.

I know from other spanish users that Scaleo E with MCE 2005 factory installed can handle rear A/V connections with WinTV2000 software.

I can't

Regards

Scorpio92

NET STOP

Postby Scorpio92 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:52

Yesss

I have reinstalled Windows MCE 2005, and the drivers for HVR-1300 from Hauppauge (not the drivers on Fujitsu drivers cdrom)
After, I have installed WinTV2000, and I have added chanel for input A/V.
I run Net stop....... and input A/V works fine.

This ths best solution, I think.

Scorpio92

Fran

Postby Fran » Mon Mar 06, 2006 16:08

I tested the batch file and stopping services didn't make any change on the A/V inputs.

I also downloaded the latest drivers for 1300 HVR from Hauppauge UK version 3.1B (MCE_CD_V31B.ZIP), run HWCLEAR and reinstall all the drivers for the 2 boards.

apparently nothing changed. I only have one audio input from HDA

I didn't install and test Win TV 2000 application

Which version and from where did you downloaded it ?

Best regards

Return to “SCALEO”