Scaleo P problems

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

Bellias

Scaleo P problems

Postby Bellias » Tue Jan 31, 2006 21:58

My PC is 7 months old and i purchased it from PC World. System spec is this:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/034869

As you'll see the graphics card on my system is pretty awful which is where i believe my problem to be. Recently (not a problem from the beginning) FEAR , Morrowind, Black and White 2 and World of Warcraft have all suddenly started getting small squares on the screen. At one point i actually lost visual on World Of Warcraft becuase these squares dominated the screen. Now it is not a problem that starts the minute i start the game but takes about 15 minutes before the sqaures start appearing. They get worse and worse as time goes on. However when i drop back to desktop, and i go back in to the game, its fine until about 15 minutes later. Now before i go and void my warranty by going out and replacing the power supply and getting a top of the line graphics card, is it possible to tell me for certain that it is the graphics card playing up and not my monitor?

Does anyone know which motherboard is in this system as well?

Thanks chaps

Mike_26

Postby Mike_26 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 15:24

Would've thought it could be to do with the fact you've got the detail settings too high for the Graphics Card maybe? Or might be your monitor refresh rate is too slow (are you using a TFT monitor)? The nVidea 6200 Turbo Cache is a budget model, but should be able to run the games smoothly if you don't have the detail settings too high.

Might be your CPU overheating. Does the fan sounds as though it is working? You can check CPU heat and the model of your motherboard by downloading Everest Home edition at: http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_d ... 043,00.asp

Hope that helped.
Mike

Bellias

Postby Bellias » Wed Feb 01, 2006 23:08

Cheers Mike

Mike_26

Postby Mike_26 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 19:44

No problem, it's working now, right?

Schrauber

Postby Schrauber » Thu Feb 02, 2006 21:15

What has been the cause? :wink:

Return to “SCALEO”