SERIOUS PERFORMANCE PROBLEM Mx43x - Lagging Issue

Moderator: ModTeam

Borkar

Postby Borkar » Wed Feb 01, 2006 21:16

ok, Accessbench is not easy to handle. Because
First, you really should take care, that there are no programs running. The best way is to reinstall Windows (or install it a second time) and install nothing!!
Second, you should take care that the tested folder is full with the same (but different names of course) or nearly the same (mp3 folder) files. These files should also be not too tiny. At least 1MB in size.
Third, dont test a folder twice without rebooting! The files would be in system RAM (or HD cache) and you just get the results 0 all the time.
Fourth, test at least 5 minutes with intervall 5000ms (=5seconds). To do this, start Accessbench with the syntax:
accessbench.exe c:\\testfolder\\ 5000
Fifth, start Accessbench in the Windows console (cmd.exe).

Then you should get results similar to mine where you can clearly see the peaks!

the current subterfuge of FSC is: The problem is not the book but incompatibility of the software with the book.
That is bullshit!! There are not only many applications, where you can observe lags, you can also see them in normal windows mode, when you look for them carefully.
Mx43x Lagging issue Image
-> Infos und Status
-> FAQs und News
-> Discussions

alexcs

Postby alexcs » Wed Feb 01, 2006 22:19

:twisted: I'm planning to inform several computer magazines in France. They solved a lot of customers/manufacturers litigations in my country .
That may speed up the guys at FSC. :twisted:

Paul Davies

Postby Paul Davies » Wed Feb 01, 2006 23:04

Hi all, I also have the same problem with the Amilo 1437G, it was a replacement for a Laptop from an Insurance Company. I have been on to the Insurance Company and have been on to the Fujitsu Siemens helpdesk who first tried to deny the problem, I then told them to look on their own forum which he did whilst I was on the phone to him, this was two days ago, I rang them this afternoon and they said it is now with their Level 3 tech support who are working on a fix they said that it was something to do with the raid controller so it looks as if they are taking note, I have spoken with Consumer Rights who have explained to me that under the sale of goods act, all products must be 100% in working order and 100% free from defects if they are not you have a valid claim within your 12 month warranty period to have it fixed or replaced, even within a 6 year period, if it was manufactured with faults you still have a claim against the manufacturers, I am in the position where my insurance company are the people that I have the contract with, not Fujitsu Siemens, so by Law it is the insurance companies responsibility to make sure that my goods are 100% free from defects, this would be the same if you purchased your laptops from any retailer, consumer rights state you have the contract with the person you purchased it from so it is their responibility to get it sorted, consumer rights will give you a reference number and take the case up if needed. The rights are under the Sale of Goods Act 1974. Cheers Paul

dymo310

M1437G - XP HOME

Postby dymo310 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:05

could i have some sort of the same problem? i just bought a M1437G installed with XP Home and wanted to upgrade to XP Pro - but that caused serious problems. i am a technician and have never seen this kind of problem before - and FSC tells me (after the run around wit upgrade of bios, check installation media, "do you know what ur doing") that this puter is for XP Home only (!).

if that is the fact, this is the first time i have ever seen a puter that works with only 1 OS - which is unheard of. even worse - they didnt state anything to that matter anywhere.

i wanna thx the peeps that provides all this info, info we shoud have been given frm FSC long time ago - instead of denial and poor excuses.

:roll:

Borkar

Postby Borkar » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:36

Oh, wonderful!! I put the same thread in the German FSC Forum.
FSC deleted the whole thread!!!!

Probably this thread will also be deleted soon.

Great tactic FSC!!

-> Infos und Status

-> FAQs und News

-> Discussions

kip

Re: to kip

Postby kip » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:56

jojojo wrote:do a search on my nickname: jojojo

i posted a solution to the problem you are trying to solve...

Thanks jojojo, Your solution works great. I made my own Xp bro with all the drivers for 3438g integrated and now it detects the sata disks in the xp install. I also made the install unattended.

kip

Re:

Postby kip » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:05

Borkar wrote:Oh, wonderful!! I put the same thread in the German FSC Forum.
FSC deleted the whole thread!!!!

Probably this thread will also be deleted soon.

Great tactic FSC!!

You should regsiter a domain like "amilolagsbigtime.com" or "amilosucks.com" or "fscamilofriends.com" and install phpBB on it and display all this threads there :!: I recomend godaddy.com as a registrar and hosting solution

Jonny Manc

Postby Jonny Manc » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:52

I have the M1437G, but removed XP Home and got a mate to 'amend' my copy of XP Pro to include some SATA drivers. I have also whacked 1gb of DDR2533 in!!

I don't believe I have encountered the problem, but what are the tell-tale signs....I shall watch carefully!!??!!

roole

Postby roole » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:05

Hi everybody,

very interesting discussion. I have amilo m1437g. Well, I haven't meet such problem yet, but anyway this is not acceptible. I bought this notebook from local dealer. I'm considering to return NB, but how I can prove that there is a problem? I think dealer won't refund money if I won't have reliable reasons for that. Any suggestions?
Last edited by roole on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:10, edited 1 time in total.

roole

Postby roole » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:06

BTW, only thing I really noticed, that games can't run properly on this machine.

Borkar

Postby Borkar » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:28

if you cant play old games like Warcraft3, the notebook is definitely not working properly!

FSC plays only games with us. They deleted the German thread (I already made a new one http://forum.ts.fujitsu.com/forum ... hp?t=13165 ) and tell us some day again that there doesnt exist a problem.

-> Infos und Status

-> FAQs und News

-> Discussions

roole

Postby roole » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:35

It sounds very strange, when in 21th century we meet such problems. We are customers, they're sellers. They agree - there is a problem. So if they can't solve it, they must refund money for everyone, who owns this product. :?

ehd

Postby ehd » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:42

Hi Borkar and others,

I own the M1437G and don't seem to have the problem. Is that because the notebook has a P50EA0 motherboard, instead of the mentioned P71EN0 model, or because I haven't noticed it yet? Games, mp3's, movies, etc seem to work OK.
PS Is my motherboard also manufactured by Uniwill? Can't find that much info about it.

traxevc

Postby traxevc » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:53

I am so disappointed with them. I gave 2500 euro for a laptop which is defective. Although my 3438 has top configuration and 2 fujitsu hdd the bug is still noticeable, quite rarely, but noticeable. I sent an email to FSC in the form that Borkar suggested and I have not received any answer for a week now. Borkar please dont stop dealing with this issue. You are great.

roole

Postby roole » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:54

Where can I find information about exact model of my motherboard. I'm using Everest, but there isn't specified motherboard model.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”