SERIOUS PERFORMANCE PROBLEM Mx43x - Lagging Issue

Moderator: ModTeam

seafish

Postby seafish » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:42

It would be helpful to have a simple test for checking if the problem exists. The issue is about delayed HD access times during gaming or some other activity and people don't necessarily know that their laptops are affected.

At least I would like to see some valid HD access time data for proof when people are stating that they do/don't have the problem.

Borkar

Postby Borkar » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:59

There is no solution for it, only workarounds. That is not the deal, FSC!

CHC/NHC maybe makes the notebook lag more, but it also lags without any software installed! It lags on a crowded windows with a lot of ***** and viruses installed as well as it lags on a clean and fresh windows!! Different drivers make no difference!

The best tests to figure out whether you notebook lags or not, is Warcraft3 Frozen Throne and/or FIFA06 and/or AccessBench. For more information on that, see http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=121724 (take note of the reference videos of the mentioned games.)

ftp://ftp.germany.ea.com/downloads/demo ... emo_en.exe (213.8 MB)
Savegame WC3 FT 1.20a:
http://www-nw.uni-regensburg.de/~.ram12 ... ARTIN2.W3Z (5,5MB)
Mx43x Lagging issue Image
-> Infos und Status
-> FAQs und News
-> Discussions

seafish

Postby seafish » Wed Feb 01, 2006 13:25

Those "best tests" that you described are not accessible to everyone. An average user is not ready to install a certain game and to prepare files/folders for testing with AccessBench. The only AccessBench report that I have seen is from you.

If people could download one simple application and run it for seeing the problem with HD access times when a laptop is stressed, there would be much more reports and feedback.

howardg

Postby howardg » Wed Feb 01, 2006 13:30

Hi all,

Could someone from FSC get involved in this discussion please! Could they comment on all that has been said. I am really interested in buying one of these computers but there is no way at the present time that I would and what about all the people that have a computer and is experiencing problems?

Fujitsu we are your customers and we need your help now please.

PS thanks Borkar for all your posts....been most helpful

karl_s

Postby karl_s » Wed Feb 01, 2006 13:54

Trebor

My notebook (Amilo M3438G) has the 2GHz processor, 1GB of RAM and a Seagate 80GB hard drive.

I have the problem BIG TIME.

But it is worth noting that I didn't experience the problem till beginning of january, (I've had the system since november). Sorry to sound llike Dr Doom, but you gaming friend will get this problem soon enough.

I got my notebook through a company's 'Let Connect' scheme.

It would be interesting/helpful if someone from FSC and Unwill joined the conversation, but I do you guys honestly think they ever would???

Raven_

Postby Raven_ » Wed Feb 01, 2006 14:14

Mine is an Amilo 3438g: P760 1gig ram 2x fujitsu 80gb hd.
One of the main reasons i bought the laptop is to capture and edit dv video. I haven't been able to do this since, because i get a lag every 5 to 30mins. The result is useless dv captured material.

I have waited one month to see what was going to happen, (i wish i returned it to the store) but early january i decided to sent it in to FSC NL. I got it back after 2 weeks and the laptop was severely damaged.

I got the notebook back and they put a different motherboard in. I haven't tested much yet, (except that i played a mp3 for 30mins without problems) because the laptop is going back again. I dunno what FSC NL did, but i got it back like this:

My laptop doesn't seem 'straight' anymore. As if some heavy object has been put on the center of the case for some time.
http://malaguena.fiberworld.nl/lap/IMG_1341.JPG

And because of that the laptop ain't 'stable' on the ground:
http://malaguena.fiberworld.nl/lap/IMG_1331.JPG

Also, alot of these on the inside and outside of the case:
http://malaguena.fiberworld.nl/lap/IMG_1323.JPG

And on top of that the mouse buttons are broken.

Heavily disappointed. But i trust they will provide a good sollution for this trash.

Their report said they 'swapped the motherboard for better performance, but the problem won't be entirely fixed'. The laptop went back to FSC this week. They promised me to fix the heavily damaged case. But this won't help me with the lags. When i get the laptop back the lags will still be there and then what do i have to do?¿?¿?¿????

I'm disappointed. I paid 1800 euro's (as if it is nothing) for this laptop, but i can't use it properly!
Last edited by Raven_ on Wed Feb 01, 2006 14:35, edited 2 times in total.

karl_s

Moto

Postby karl_s » Wed Feb 01, 2006 14:17

ha ha ha

Just noticed that Fujitsu-Siemens moto is "WE MAKE SURE"

Does that stand for, "we make sure... your notebook will be worth sh*t"

or

does it stand for, "we make sure... your notebook will be fixed!"

Come on FSC, prove us wrong, fix this problem.

Does anyone know at which point we should take this to a Watchdog Body?

trebor

Re:

Postby trebor » Wed Feb 01, 2006 14:25

karl_s wrote:I got my notebook through a company's 'Let Connect' scheme.

Hi Karl

Is the company Centrica by any chance?

OK when I posted my previous message all the posts indicated that the problem didn't occur, or was masked, with Fujitsu and Seagate (I think) drives.

I must say I am intrigued as to why a problem doesn't occur for a couple of months then suddenly manifests itself. This would indicate a software problem rather than hardware, if it were hardware I would have thought that the problem would be there from day 1.

Bob

howardg

Re: Moto

Postby howardg » Wed Feb 01, 2006 15:10

karl_s wrote:
Does anyone know at which point we should take this to a Watchdog Body?

I have checked the BBC watchdog site and they advise making an official complaint to FSC first and then if you are not satisfied go to the official regulator or onbudsman, although I don't know yet who this is.

But it is in FSC's interest as well as your own to sort this out.

I would advise everyone who is experiencing this problem to write, phone or email FSC straight away (I am no expert by the way!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/index.shtml is where I went, though I am sure there must be better places for information..

Playerdude

Postby Playerdude » Wed Feb 01, 2006 15:55

Since FSC claims that there's no problem in the software and there's nothing that can be done to fix this (correct me if I'm wrong), do we have to shut up and accept that our machines don't work properly?

What else do we have? What CAN be done now?

Playerdude

Re:

Postby Playerdude » Wed Feb 01, 2006 15:59

trebor wrote:
karl_s wrote:I got my notebook through a company's 'Let Connect' scheme.
I must say I am intrigued as to why a problem doesn't occur for a couple of months then suddenly manifests itself. This would indicate a software problem rather than hardware, if it were hardware I would have thought that the problem would be there from day 1.

Bob

I noticed the lagging right from the beginning with my amilo.

karl_s

Postby karl_s » Wed Feb 01, 2006 16:19

Trebor, no the company is not Centrica.

I wrote another email to FSC support today, this is there response:

--
We are working on issue at the highest level. As soon solution becomes
available we will issue a notification. I do not have a ETA for the solution.
Depending on the solution will have a effect on response to the existing
customers.

Best Regards

2nd Line Support
FUJITSU COMPUTERS
SIEMENS
--

The questions I asked were: what were FSC doing about the problem? how long till we get a solution? what happens if FSC can't fix the problem?

It was a very quick response. At least they acknowledge that the problem is there.
But i'm getting worried now, because Bokar who has been instrumental in getting everyone together, seems to have lost all faith in FSC.

Just to repeat myself again, anyone who has the problem, please contact Fujitsu-siemens letting them know that you know that there is this MASSIVE error/problem with they're systems!

Email them at:

UKSupport@fujitsu-siemens.com
and/or
technical.support@fujitsu-siemens.com

howardg

Re:

Postby howardg » Wed Feb 01, 2006 16:24

Playerdude wrote:Since FSC claims that there's no problem in the software and there's nothing that can be done to fix this (correct me if I'm wrong), do we have to shut up and accept that our machines don't work properly?

What else do we have? What CAN be done now?

I would think you need this to be stated officially by FSC (has it been?) and then go from there, they can't just leave their customers with computers that do not work.

Depending on what FSC say or do when you contact them officially about this problem, then the next step would be for everyone with this problem to go here http://www.oft.gov.uk/default.htm (In the UK that is). This is the office of fair trading and they will definately be able to tell you exactly what your rights are.

Raven_

Postby Raven_ » Wed Feb 01, 2006 19:07

Exactly. I don't believe fsc will leave us with these computers. However the longer a solution takes, the more i believe it is some kind of hardware error which can not be fixed with a simple bios or driver update. This means fsc would have to do a rebatch on all computers or at least the motherboards.... that is definitely going to be interesting and i fear months may pass before it is actually going to happen. :( We will be stuck with this... :cry:

Also, i really wonder how this bug got through their testing department. :?

lonboy

Postby lonboy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 19:20

AMILO 3438G, 1,86, 2x512 mb, 2x80 fujitusu hard drives.

I've tried accessbench and got this results. I don't know what they mean but that's i've got. I tried it with music mp3 files.

That's some numbers I get with accessbench on my fujitsu hard disk:

And now with my external Usb Iomega Hd:

etc

??????? :?: [/img]

Return to “AMILO Notebook”