Trouble with an oldie *S*

All topics related to Software & Operating systems
Maria

Trouble with an oldie *S*

Postby Maria » Wed Sep 14, 2005 22:19

Hi.<P> My parents bougt a computer back in 98 og 99 I think.<BR> Now it can not dial up to the internet, so I called a computer guy at the internet company, and he told me to delete the internal modem. So I did, and then realized that I do not have af cd with the modem driver. <P>Now what do I do?<P>I can't seem to find et anywere. <P>The computers name is "Xpert" if that helps.<P>Do anyone have any good ideas on how to locate the driver?<P> ~ Maria

MrNice

Re: Trouble with an oldie *S*

Postby MrNice » Thu Sep 15, 2005 0:14

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maria:<BR><B>Hi.<P> My parents bougt a computer back in 98 og 99 I think.<BR> Now it can not dial up to the internet, so I called a computer guy at the internet company, and he told me to delete the internal modem. So I did, and then realized that I do not have af cd with the modem driver. <P>Now what do I do?<P>I can't seem to find et anywere. <P>The computers name is "Xpert" if that helps.<P>Do anyone have any good ideas on how to locate the driver?<P> ~ Maria</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Either you call your lokal FS Helpdesk or you open the PC Case an take a look at the modem card. There you'll normally find something about the vendor an the model.<BR>If one knows vendor and model, it wouldn't be hard to find the right driver.<P>greets

Return to “Software & Operating systems (archive)”