Primergy Tx150 Serverstart Support fro MS sbs standard

All topics related to Server Products

Primergy Tx150 Serverstart Support fro MS sbs standard

Postby » Wed Mar 24, 2004 13:45

The serverstart software shipped with my new TX150 server does not seem to support the installation of MS Small Business Server 2003.The only versions supported seem to be Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise and Datacentre. When I choose Server 2003 Standard (the nearest fit)it doesent recognise the SBS 2003 CD as a valid 2003 server install CD. A work around would be to ignore Server start , boot from the SBS 2003 Cd and do a manual Install but then the Op sys doesnot see the Raid 1 which was built correctly useing the Adaptic interface at boot up- Strange - Any sugestions<P>Bill Forde

Re: Primergy Tx150 Serverstart Support fro MS sbs standard

Postby » Thu Mar 25, 2004 0:04

Same problem appears to me as I need to run Win XP on a PY 150 Tx due to application software limitations. XP is no option in Serverstart, but Win 2000 is. When trying to boot from XP installation CD, the HD is not found.<BR>C-drive has correct partition, is visible and formatted in Serverstart disk manager utility. Trying to install W2k in expert mode with the XP cd doesnt work either.<BR>Any hints for workarounds ????

Postby » Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:05

Finally solved ! The driver for the AIC7901 SCSI hostRAID was not good for XP OS.<BR>The Ultra 320 hostRAID driver was downloaded from Adaptec to a floppy. When installing OS I had to install 3'rd party SCSI-driver first. (Press F6 during initial XP load sequence)<BR>I assume the SBS loading halts on the same reason.

Postby » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:02

ServerStart does not support the installation of SBS 2003. It has to be installed from SBS 2003 CD/DVD. If you want to use the HostRAID option, you have to upgrade the BIOS of the motherboard and supply the driver by pressing the F6 button. <P>Windows XP can be installed with ServerStart. Choose Windows Server 2003 and there should be "Windows XP Professional" that you can choose as the OS type.

Return to “Server Products (archive)”