Booting problem with new HD

All topics related to PC

Booting problem with new HD

Postby » Tue Aug 14, 2001 22:36

I have a Scaleo with main board CW35-L Rv. C2 and updated Bios dated CW35-L-09-05-01.<P>Master HD on IDE1 is 20 GB and the HD on IDE2 is 40 GB and also configured as a Master. Both of the HDs are of type Samsung.<P>When I try to start the PC, everything is reported found as I have configured, but the PC stops the booting after this line comes up:<P>Verifying DMI Pool Data......<P>and I'm told to press any key to reboot.<P>I have tried several setups of cable and master/slave combination but the same thing has happened.<P>What is the safe way to install a new HD? Is it possible that I have it wrong from the beginning?<P>Can anybody please help me? Thanks!

Data

Re: Booting problem with new HD

Postby Data » Mon Aug 20, 2001 11:36

Have you tried to install the new harddisk alone??<BR>I mean no other devices attached to the IDE controller except for the new harddisk.<P>The PC should than at least be able to boot from a DOS diskette.<P>If not, it could be that your harddisk interface is defect causing your comlete machine to hang.<P>Best regards.<BR>Data.<BR>

Re: Booting problem with new HD

Postby » Tue Aug 21, 2001 14:18

Problem solved.<P>The solution was to connect both HD to the same IDE-1 cable and the CD-ROM to IDE-2. Both HD with jumper sets for Cable Select. I also have to connect the biggest HD to the Master cable connection. The already installed IDE cable was marked with Master and Slave connection. When I try to have the old disk as master it failed to boot. Tanks anyway for your answer - Data.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Data:<BR><B>Have you tried to install the new harddisk alone??<BR>I mean no other devices attached to the IDE controller except for the new harddisk.<P>The PC should than at least be able to boot from a DOS diskette.<P>If not, it could be that your harddisk interface is defect causing your comlete machine to hang.<P>Best regards.<BR>Data.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”