Configureing IRMC S4 from ESXi OS

PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

soerenv
Product(s): Primergy RX2540 M1,Primergy RX2540 M2

Configureing IRMC S4 from ESXi OS

Postby soerenv » Mon May 13, 2019 7:42

Hello All,

If possible, how can I configure the IRMC S4 remote management board from the ESXi operating system?
The server is a Primergy RX2540 M2, installed with ESXi 6.0.
I need to configure IP-address, subnet mask and default gateway on a server located in a remote office without any local IT staff.

BR Sorenv

Kasazza
Product(s): Lifebook, Esprimo PCs, Celsius, Primergy Servers...

Re: Configureing IRMC S4 from ESXi OS

Postby Kasazza » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:29

soerenv wrote:Hello All,

If possible, how can I configure the IRMC S4 remote management board from the ESXi operating system?
The server is a Primergy RX2540 M2, installed with ESXi 6.0.
I need to configure IP-address, subnet mask and default gateway on a server located in a remote office without any local IT staff.

BR Sorenv

IF THE SERVER is still configured with factory defaults, IRMC by default uses the dedicated MANAGEMENT PORT, it's set in "DHCP" and gets IP address if there is one DHCP Server in the subnet, you only need to connect a cord from the LAN switch to the dedicated MANAGEMENT PORT (wrench icon)

Then connect to the IP ADDRESS assigned to this port (recognized with the string "IRMC+last 6 digits of its MAC ADDRESS")

Then you can modify statically every field of the internal network configuration

Probably, otherwise, the only mode to do it internally in VMWARE is to install the agent for vCenter and vRealize...

Return to “Server Products”