i got a response, so maybe that helps for everyone:
The firmware update you need can be downloaded from the below linkftp://ftp.ts.fujitsu.com/outgoing/UH572FWUpdate.zip
For this firmware update you will need a USB Memory Stick that you do not mind loosing all the data on.
Contained in the downloaded file is a tool for making the USB memory stick bootable by the computer. The tool is called FreeDOS. There are several files depending on the size of your USB memory stick, please select the relevant one for the size of the memory stick you have.
Once you have selected the relevant zip file open it and then run setup file within the zip file.
You will then be presented with a warning message. If you are happy with the details on the message click OK.
You should then get a window titled ‘USBImage V1.2’. Click the button that’s says ‘Copy Image File To USB Device’. This will then clear the data on the USB memory stick and then add the files for the FreeDOS program. When completed you will get a message says 'OK. Action Completed Successfully’ click OK. You can now close USBImage window.
!!YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA ON THE MEMORY STICK WHEN CREATING THE FREEDOS MEMORY STICK!!
Next you will need to:
- Open the downloaded Zip file UH572FWUpdate.zip
- Unzip the SSDFLASH.zip file contained within the download
- Copy the four files to the bootable USB stick made above
- Now you will need to boot the computer from the USB Memory Stick *make sure you Plug in the AC Adapter as a power loss during the update could stop the hard drive from working again *
- To boot from the USB memory stick restart the computer and then repeatedly tap the F12 key on the computer. Please ensure the USB memory stick is plugged in before doing this.
- Select the USB drive from the boot menu that appears.
- It should then load to a DOS screen (black screen with white writing).
- Type SSDFLASH.BAT
- This will now run the firmware update
- Successful flash procedure will show following screen
If you do not get the above screen then this would suggest there could be a fault with your product and will need to be repaired.