[SL27T-1] Monitor - No Signal from HDMI ports

Fujitsu Displays, AMILO Display, SCENICVIEW, SCALEOVIEW, etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

fintime
Product(s): SL27T-1

[SL27T-1] Monitor - No Signal from HDMI ports

Postby fintime » Mon Feb 11, 2013 16:48

I just bought this monitor. I'd return it immediately, except I'd be out of cash because the online store would force me to pay for the shipping.

Anyway, the monitor issues I've faced so far are:

1) Does not recognize any HDMI signals, be it from my PC (tried three different PCs including a laptop), my PS3, my XBOX 360, and my Roku media player. It DID, however, recognize the PC's HDMI port once I've plugged both a VGA cable AND an HDMI cable to it and switched to HDMI 1/2... but then that leads me to...

2) WHEN it finally recognizes my PC's HDMI port after a tumultuous struggle, anytime the monitor needs to be refreshed (i.e. resolution change, adding/removing dual monitors, etc.), the monitor would receive the "No Signal" message and again go straight to "Sleep Mode." I'd have to manually turn off the monitor by pressing the On/Off button, and then turn it on manually again. What sort of monitor, in this day and age with HDMI capabilities, can't recognize HDMI signal changes or even something as simple as a desktop resolution change???

I can always take the hit in shipping it back to the online retailer, but I'll forever have a bitterness towards Fujitsu products. I really would like to keep the monitor, if for anything else, for my kids' bedroom as a monitor for their computer and for their Roku media player. As it stands now, I'm waiting to figure out what this solutions forum will offer, if I'll have to contact a warranty line, or just fork over the money and ship this stupid thing back.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: [SL27T-1] Monitor - No Signal from HDMI ports

Postby sabrex » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:06

Could be your HDMI cable have you tried another HDMI cable?
Other than this you should report the issue you have to your local warranty line to register fault.

fintime

Postby fintime » Wed Feb 13, 2013 17:44

yeah, i've tried three different cables of varying lengths. I'm in the process of a painfully slow cat-and-mouse with the online retailer regarding support and return/exchange options. If that doesn't work out, then I'm hoping the Fujitsu support HQ here in Finland will be able to address my monitor's problems.

For now, I've been okay having the display connected to my PC (VGA still works fine, HDMI 2 does not work at all, and HDMI 1 is the only port that works with the occasional manual on/off labor) , but it sucks being the only source for picture. I'll just chalk this up to a defective unit. I can't help but laugh every time I look at the monitor's box and read, "ADVANCED LED DISPLAY." :lol:

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Wed Feb 13, 2013 18:27

Lesson here dont purchase from sellers that request you pay for shipping faulty product return items!
fujitsu will look after you all the same so get them to rectify.

fintime

Postby fintime » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:31

Well, I just got the unit back from the repair service and still, the problem exists with specific media source hardware. It now recognizes all of my PCs on BOTH HDMI ports, but does not recognize my PS3, Xbox 360, or Roku media streaming device. This will be my last Fujitsu monitor purchase. Not gonna bother waiting out 2+ weeks again for repair services.

fintime

Postby fintime » Tue Mar 05, 2013 15:51

Just to update:

I received the monitor back from warranty services. Supposedly, they remedied the HDMI ports.

Tests:
Xbox 360 - Failed, No Signal
PS3 - Failed, No Signal
Roku 2 XS - Failed, No Signal and occassional flash of player Menu
PCs (2 desktops, 1 laptop) - Pass
Philips Upscaling DVD Player - Pass

Verdict:
The monitor's HDMI ports are source-specific. I still believe it's a Fujitsu manufacturing issue, and I don't feel like waiting 2+ weeks again for warranty services to try and remedy this issue. I'm okay with using the monitor for PC needs, but I feel ripped-off that it's a gamble whether or not the monitor will project an image if the "right" media source is connected. Poor QC by Fujitsu manufacturing.

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Tue Mar 05, 2013 16:34

I believe your problem is with HDMI handshake but I could be wrong this is interesting reading http://www.hdcabling.co.za/hdcp_hdmi_handshake_troubleshooting_guidelines.php

sofiabovinoclaudia
Product(s): Fujitsu

Postby sofiabovinoclaudia » Tue Aug 15, 2017 13:30

I just want to ask or actually I'm hoping the Fujitsu support HQ here in Finland will be able to address my monitor's problems. from the site here

Return to “Displays”