UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Moderator: ModTeam

vlimit
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 20:49
Product(s): Lifebook UH-572

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby vlimit » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:06

newbietweaker wrote:dude hoping you could also send the firmware link to my email...

sandisk ssd i100 32gb as well

nasca18@gmail.com


signed up just for this link :lol:


thank you!


Sent too!!!

newbietweaker
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:19
Product(s): fujitsu uh572

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby newbietweaker » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:44

awesome! thank you for the quick turn around!

newbietweaker
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:19
Product(s): fujitsu uh572

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby newbietweaker » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:00

@vlimit

ssdflash not being read through bios? or am i doing something wrong?

should i just simply copy and paste the SSDFLASH folder to the freedos usb? or should i paste it onto fdos folder?


ssdflash.bat doesnt show up on the bios options of freedos

vlimit
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 20:49
Product(s): Lifebook UH-572

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby vlimit » Tue Mar 01, 2016 13:22

newbietweaker wrote:@vlimit

ssdflash not being read through bios? or am i doing something wrong?

should i just simply copy and paste the SSDFLASH folder to the freedos usb? or should i paste it onto fdos folder?


ssdflash.bat doesnt show up on the bios options of freedos


Just follow the instructions on my email:

First create the FreeDOS bootable USB with Win32DiskImager and the extracted img from the bz2 file and after:

- Unzip the attached SSDFLASH.zip file
- Copy the files to the bootable USB stick (FreeDOS)
- Plug in the ac adapter and boot from the USB stick
- Run the SSDFLASH.BAT
- Successful flash procedure will show following screen

That's all!

newbietweaker
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:19
Product(s): fujitsu uh572

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby newbietweaker » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:15

how do i run the ssdflash.bat?

after booting to freedos:
gives me 3 option
freedos
odin
memtest


press enter to select freedos (this is where i went)
but after that, i dunno how run the ssdflash.bat

newbietweaker
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:19
Product(s): fujitsu uh572

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby newbietweaker » Wed Mar 02, 2016 14:44

ive managed to flash the new ssd firmware...11.56.xxx. but still:
1. ssd still undetected in bios option ( no option to enable or disable the iSSD)

2. Fresh install still puts the system reserved info to the iSSD which makes it unbootable. (although i saw several longways to do a successfull fresh install...i just wanted to have a fix that will enable me to do fresh install right of the bat :D )

one thing I've noticed:
iSSD can normally boot if bootable windows usb is plugged in..negative side - had to navigate to the "repair windows" then "Continue to Windows 8/10" to normally boot

will try a temp solution to get the iSSD bootable:

- will create bootable SDCARD using easy2usb
- plug the sd card to the sd slot
- will check if iSSD can normally boot using the "boot to first HDD" option (just one click though)



any experts out there that can create an automated bootable command that can automatically tell bios to boot using the iSSD? ;)

crossfader
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 14:43
Product(s): Lifebook U772

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby crossfader » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:01

I would Also need that firmware. Got a u772 ultrabook with the 32 GB Ssd cachedrive. Computer is working slow, freezing and getting Windows error on diskwrite and so on. Can someone please send med firmware to oskarsvensson@hotmail.com.
Thanks.

vlimit
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 20:49
Product(s): Lifebook UH-572

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby vlimit » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:49

crossfader wrote:I would Also need that firmware. Got a u772 ultrabook with the 32 GB Ssd cachedrive. Computer is working slow, freezing and getting Windows error on diskwrite and so on. Can someone please send med firmware to oskarsvensson@hotmail.com.
Thanks.

The firmware I have is for UH572. I don't know if it is valid for U772.

crossfader
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 14:43
Product(s): Lifebook U772

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby crossfader » Mon Mar 21, 2016 14:12

Okey, im a bit unhappy about fujitsu, called them and the supportguy Said he could see that there was a firmware update, but that he couldnt send it to me. Told me to contact the retailer. Im pretty shure they dont care about updating my 4-year Old notebook. Any of you have a contact at fujitsu or servicedealer that might be able to help? Guess im in trouble if trying yours and not right?

vlimit
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 20:49
Product(s): Lifebook UH-572

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby vlimit » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:20

crossfader wrote:Okey, im a bit unhappy about fujitsu, called them and the supportguy Said he could see that there was a firmware update, but that he couldnt send it to me. Told me to contact the retailer. Im pretty shure they dont care about updating my 4-year Old notebook. Any of you have a contact at fujitsu or servicedealer that might be able to help? Guess im in trouble if trying yours and not right?

Yes, you could end with a brick if the firmware is not valid.

Good luck with Fujitsu Support!

damiantash
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 22:03
Product(s): Uh572

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby damiantash » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:47

Hi

I am also having the same problem with my UH572. Please can someone send me the firmware update to damiantash@gmail.com

Thanks!

vlimit
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 20:49
Product(s): Lifebook UH-572

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby vlimit » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46

damiantash wrote:Hi

I am also having the same problem with my UH572. Please can someone send me the firmware update to damiantash@gmail.com

Thanks!

Sent!

damiantash
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 22:03
Product(s): Uh572

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby damiantash » Wed Mar 23, 2016 18:33

Brilliant!- worked like a charm - once I turned on CSM in the BIOS to enable the boot into Freedos!

Thank you so much!

vlimit
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 20:49
Product(s): Lifebook UH-572

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby vlimit » Wed Mar 23, 2016 20:42

damiantash wrote:Brilliant!- worked like a charm - once I turned on CSM in the BIOS to enable the boot into Freedos!

Thank you so much!


You are welcome ;).

cpcunningham
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 23:38
Product(s): Fujitsu UH572

Re: UH572 Faulty Cache Drive

Postby cpcunningham » Tue Jun 21, 2016 17:03

Hi guys, is there any chance someone could please send the firmware update to my e-mail also. I'm sharing the same issue also. cpcunningham2002@yahoo.co.uk Thank you


Return to “LIFEBOOK”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests