Laptop A555 Webcam nor microfoon are working

Moderator: ModTeam

Lovastu
Product(s): Fujitsu A555

Laptop A555 Webcam nor microfoon are working

Postby Lovastu » Tue May 24, 2016 13:31

Hello,

recently a problem occurred with my Fujitsu A555 laptop. The built in webcam and microfoon don't work. When I open my camera app a message pops up saying: "We can't find your camera."

I tried some things to resolve this problem but nothing has worked so far. I'm starting to think to problem will be the hardware and not the software.

I maybe should be try to reinstall the webcam and microfoon drivers but I'm not sure where or what driver to download.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance

Lovastu

Lovastu

Re: Laptop A555 Webcam nor microfoon are working

Postby Lovastu » Tue May 24, 2016 13:33

The error code that I get when opening the camera app is the following:
0xA00F4244(0x80070005)

Caretaker
Product(s): LIFEBOOKs

Postby Caretaker » Wed May 25, 2016 8:25

Hello Lovatsu,

can you see the webcam in the device manager?
Is it installed and with which driver version or is there any unknown device?
There is no driver on the driver website as this driver is embedded in the OS. But it might work if you uninstall it via the device manager and perform the automatic driver search. Wich operating system do you have?

Lovastu

Postby Lovastu » Sat May 28, 2016 12:31

Hi Caretaker,

thank you for your reply.
The operating system I am using is Windows 10 Pro.

I can see the devices at device manager. The webcam is called CyberLink WebCam Virtual Driver. My microphone, which isn't working as well, is called Realtek High Definition Audio.

I might try to delete them but where do I perform the automatic driver search you are talking about?

Greeting Lovastu

Caretaker
Product(s): LIFEBOOKs

Postby Caretaker » Mon May 30, 2016 14:33

Hi Lovastu,

just to be sure... the webcam and microhphone where working before you upgraded to Windows 10, right?

Normally the webcam should be called FJ Camera within the device manager and can be found in picture input devices or similar. If you right click on in you should have the options to update a driver and then to automatically search in the web or to uninstall it and then it will search a driver again.

What happens if open the control panel and then click on sound and record. Do you see any device in the list? Maybe the microphone is deactivated in this menu.

paragbhade
Product(s): A555

Postby paragbhade » Tue Jun 07, 2016 13:49

Had the same problem, searched for the camera drivers but could not find any. After reading the drivers are internal thought of checking the BIOS Version which was very old, updated to the latest one available and the camera and microphone started working.

Before the update could not see any imaging device in device manager but after the update it looks like this

sumanbasak1986
Product(s): Lifebook A555

Postby sumanbasak1986 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:35

Try the fn key and camera key. may be by mistake you off the camera by keyboard.. may be it will solve...

jerry456
Product(s): Fujitsu ASY 35 UI-KP

Postby jerry456 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:18

I've been using the a555 laptop for a year now and I've never had any problems when activating my webcam, I would do live sessions and I could be seen and heard perfectly on the other side of the screen, but for a few days now when I try to access the screen is blocked and remains completely black. I followed the steps mentioned but there is no way. Is it possible that the webcam has been dislocated from its position?

Return to “LIFEBOOK”