server works slowly

PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

babek

server works slowly

Postby babek » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:09

Hi..

i have a rx 300 s7 server. prosessor intel cpu e5-2670 2.60 ghz with 64 gb of ram. i have a ms sql database running on it. oftenly the server works very slowly. i have to shut down it and unplugg the power cables and wait for some minutes (7-10-15 munutes) and then the server works good for some time. and then after several time again it becames at the same situation.

i do not know exactly wha is the problem with this server. There are 12 hdd sas, each 600 gb. i create raid 1 from only 2 hdd. and another 10 hdd i create raid 10. Because with all disk systems, with 12 hdd it is impossible to create raid 10.

But i also have another 300 s7 server with the same configuration. But it works very good, no problem.

Davie
Product(s): PRIMERGY, ServerView

Re: server works slowly

Postby Davie » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:03

Most likely it is a software cofiguration issue - network perhaps - but if you want to rule out hardware try logging into the iRMC and checking the hardware event logs

babek

Postby babek » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:35

Davie wrote:Most likely it is a software cofiguration issue - network perhaps - but if you want to rule out hardware try logging into the iRMC and checking the hardware event logs

Maybe... but all the servers have the same configuration either software or hardware. today morning it also happend. and i shut down the server then unplugged the power cables then waited for 3 minutes. then powered it on back. the system started wor a while OS worked slowly i decided to shutdown again. but in 3-5 minutes OS bocome workable and there was no reason to shutdown the server. But is was only once. In another situations i do shutdown and unplugg the power cables two times.

these are thoeries only. how i can test it by myself?

thank you

Tiderian
Product(s): RX900

Postby Tiderian » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:07

did you enable the raidcache? is maybe the battery learning cyclus of the bbu running? is patrol read running? you can confirm these things in serverview raidmanager...

Return to “Server Products”