Amilo La1703 BIOS problem

Moderator: ModTeam

PeteVfi
Product(s): Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook S6410

Amilo La1703 BIOS problem

Postby PeteVfi » Thu May 09, 2013 23:13

Hi!

Please, what could be the reason, that the La1703 latest BIOS v8.8 doesn't recognize a bootable USB Key for booting? And, is there some way to solve this problem?

There is an boot alternative for USB Key:, but the key name/title will not be shown up there on the list as for other recognized bootable devices.

Legacy USB is Enabled, and the USB Key is working OK when Windows is started up, and, this USB Key is booting well on other machines ...

Best regards,

Pete V.

Caretaker
Product(s): LIFEBOOKs

Re: Amilo La1703 BIOS problem

Postby Caretaker » Fri May 10, 2013 9:16

Is the USB Stick not recognized in the F12 menu or when opening the BIOS with F2 and goint to Boot Priority?

PeteVfi

Postby PeteVfi » Fri May 10, 2013 15:28

Hi!

OK, thanks Caretaker for your reply.

The USB Key is not noted/recognized anywhere, before Windows is started up ...

Best regards,

Pete V.

PeteVfi

Postby PeteVfi » Mon May 13, 2013 23:30

Hi!

OK, I found the solution to this problem, quite complicated way ...

The basic problem was, that this particular Phoenix BIOS do have only 5 positions for boot options, the deafults are in this order

1: USB FDC:
2: CD/DVD:
3: HDD:
4: USB Key:
5: LAN Boot:

The basic devices which were recognized were CD/DVD and HDD, quite normal.

But for slight misthinking, I didn't do the testing with an USB Key, so I didn't get it recognized, but with an USB HDD, which is not on the default list! And, note, the LAN Boot was disabled on the Advanced drop-down menu, which caused this device neither been recognized, and, this may have some meaning on the next step.

To get the USB HDD to the list, I first had to exclude one boot position typing x when being on that position,
and I choosed to exclude 5: LAN Boot.

After that I still had to do one more trick, to disable the Legacy USB on the Advanced drop-down menu, and after that rebooting, and, once again enabling back the Legacy USB, and once again rebooting.

After all this the USB HDD was recognized and booted correctly, and I also saw some small USB Keys recognized there on their own position, great!

Best regards,

Pete V.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”