Amilo Pi3560: WLAN crashes under certain circumstances

Moderator: ModTeam

hanspeter
Product(s): Amilo A7620 with Processor Athlon XP-M

Amilo Pi3560: WLAN crashes under certain circumstances

Postby hanspeter » Tue May 07, 2013 7:16

Hi

I've an "interesting" problem with my Amilo Pi3560, working with Windows 7. I use the WLAN as the default to my adsl modem/router (Zyxel Prestige). Everything works fine, I can connect to internet, download and upload.
But when I want to synchronize the Amazon cloud, or when I want to download for my Garmin GPS the new map versions (with Garmin Express), then the whole adsl modem crashes, and it clearly comes from the WLAN in the Amilo, because when I connect via Ethernet cable then it works fine, and also when I try to do the same with other computers, then it also works fine.

I've update the Realtek WLAN driver to the newest version, but it does not help.

Anybody having a good idea what could be the reason for this?

Thanks in advance for help

Hanspeter

Caretaker
Product(s): LIFEBOOKs

Re: Amilo Pi3560: WLAN crashes under certain circumstances

Postby Caretaker » Tue May 07, 2013 14:35

What exactly means "then the whole adsl modem crashe"? Does really the modem has a problem or only your notebook?

Which driver version is installed, because you are talking about the Realtek driver which is the LAN driver but not WLAN driver. Did you installed the 'latest' WLAN drivers from the Fujtisu support page for this device?

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Postby sabrex » Wed May 08, 2013 13:04

Caretaker is right the two available drivers will be either
Azurewave AW-NE104 miniCard WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/draft-n
or
WN6600R miniCard WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/"Draft n"

does the router crash that you have to pull the power lead from the router and repower it. If your running a realtek driver maybe thats why its all over the place.

hanspeter
Product(s): Amilo A7620 with Processor Athlon XP-M

Postby hanspeter » Sat May 18, 2013 8:28

Hi Sabrex and Caretaker

sorry for my long delay in responding to your advices, but I was away. And thanks for your help.

sabrex wrote:Caretaker is right the two available drivers will be either
Azurewave AW-NE104 miniCard WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/draft-n
or
WN6600R miniCard WLAN IEEE802.11 b/g/"Draft n"

does the router crash that you have to pull the power lead from the router and repower it. If your running a realtek driver maybe thats why its all over the place.

The adsl modem crashes so that the no data is transferred any more, after I stop the transfer on the computer the modem recovers and everything works fine. But if I do the same with another computer then it works fine. That's why I assumed that it might be the WLAN driver of my Amilo.
Interesting: if I check via the device manager then it says that there is a Realtek driver RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11 PCI-E NIC installed. It shows nothing about Azurewave or WN6600R mincard.

Thanks for any further help on this topic

Best regards

Hanspeter

Return to “AMILO Notebook”