AMILO NB Sa3650 internal display with graphicbooster

Moderator: ModTeam

Fred FTS

AMILO NB Sa3650 internal display with graphicbooster

Postby Fred FTS » Thu Mar 05, 2009 13:51

Dear AMILO Notebook Sa3650 and Graphicbooster owner,

there are some rumors about a special VGA driver that activate the function for speeding up the internal display using the external graphicbooster. At the moment there is no final new driver available, but we can offer you the latest Beta to activate this advantage.

The benefit with this driver is the possibility to use the internal display of the AMILO NB Sa3650 with the power of the external graphicbooster. No external display is needed to have the full speed of the graphicbooster to play 3D games or do 3D applications.

The usage of the Beta driver is on own risk, therefore please save all your important data before you install the driver.
Till the official release of the driver you can download the Beta via ftp://fe_i2ls:sl2i@ftp.fujitsu-siemens.com/nlo/8.57-WHQL-S13-081209a-074069C-Fujitsu_Siemens_Computers.zip

For experiences and feedback please post.

Fred FSC
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE

Bloody
Product(s): Amilo Sa 3650

Re: AMILO NB Sa3650 internal display with graphicbooster

Postby Bloody » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:39

Hi, I've downloaded the beta video driver and ran a quick test with 3DMark 2006 to see how it performs with the XGP video on the internal display. The results was 7253 points overall, which is a bit higher than what I get with the default video driver that comes pre-installed with the laptop on an external display. But the points I got are not that interesting, because I've noticed something else during the test, here is a picture to show it:

That is what I get displayed during the CPU tests in 3DMark2006 (software rendering), there are the artifacts that show for one frame and for the next one the screen shows the normal picture and then again a frame with artifacts. It seems that the problem is only visual as the benchmark results are not affected in any way. As for the other 3D tests there were no problems like the CPU tests...

Is there already a new beta version available for the drivers or should I continue testing with this one?

vilu
Product(s): Sa 3650

Postby vilu » Mon Apr 06, 2009 16:07

Hi,

Is vista x64 supported in that beta driver package ? If not that can be reason (for me) to install 32-bit version back :D

Anyway, good work ! I will try these drivers soon.

tandrassi
Product(s): Amilo Sa 3650 + Graphicsbooster

Postby tandrassi » Thu Apr 09, 2009 19:52

Hey everyone,

bloody: hey bloody, did you manage to solve the problem with the internal screen tearing like that on the CPU tests? if not, how about you tell us which version of windows you are using? Which model do you have? Is it the one with ZM-86 or what? The thing is that the beta drivers work like a dream for me and I have the ZM-86, Vista x64, and I get a nice 8,200 3D MARKS. Obviously there are higher scores but they use a stripped down version of vista that is unstable for everyday use. however, 7,200 marks seems way too low because even with the zm-80, i have heard people getting 8,000 marks. Since the cpu test is all software, try anything you can with cpu: set the power plan to "power saver" then to "balanced", and then to "high performance" and see if there is a difference.

vilu: as you see, the beta works fantastic on vista x64. As you notice, the zip package that the drivers come in are a whopping 100 MB rather than the standard ~50 MB from ATI because they include both x86 and x64 driver packages. I recommend using x64 to unleash the potential of this fantastic laptop.

BTW: i noticed that the internal display seemed very washed out sitting next to my 18,5" widescreen HD ACER monitor, so I did some color correction in ATI CCC. There was a bluish tint to it and colors seems dull. All I did was change AVIVO color to +25 (adds nice vibrancy to the images) and under the color options, I did the following: RED - gamma is at 1.10, brightness is at 1.05, and contrast is 1.00; GREEN - gamma is at 1.05, brightness is at 1.05, and contrast is 1.00; and finnally BLUE - gamma is at 1.05, brightness is at -25, and contrast is 1.00. This should increase the quality of the screen DRASTICALLY as before I used to hate playing games on it as it looked just plain bad, but now, I prefer it to my ACER.

cheers guys,
Me

vilu
Product(s): Sa 3650

Postby vilu » Wed Apr 15, 2009 21:30

Works well in vista x64. I have ZM-80 and i usually get ~7300 3Dmarks in vista 32 and x64. With external display i now got 7080 3Dmarks and with sa3650's display i got 7234 3Dmarks. Fresh vista install. I hadn't any problems running 3Dmark. These drivers seems to be quite stable which is important to me, i' dont care much about those scores.

Bloody
Product(s): Amilo Sa 3650

Postby Bloody » Wed Apr 15, 2009 23:45

The CPU is ZM-80 (2.1 GHz) and I'm using 32-bit Vista. I get almost the same score with either external or the laptop display.

tandrassi

Postby tandrassi » Sat May 16, 2009 8:14

hey Moderators........I would like to know whether or not a final version of the driver will be out soon? I mean, it's ridiculous, it's been a long time since BETA was released........any news on this? Graphics card driver beta works well, but there are still some anomalies that need to be sorted out. For example, when I plug in it and take it out after I'm done gaming, my LAN doesn't work (only works when I plug XGP back in). Also, when I unplug XGP, in ATi CCC, powerplay is dimmed, so I'm not sure if powerplay actually works at all after Gfx are switched back and forth.

Performance is at least good with around 8,300 3DMarks

cheers,
tibs

elixyr
Product(s): SA3650+GFX Booster.
Esprimo U9200

Postby elixyr » Thu May 21, 2009 14:29

Indeed, new games, new drivers!

Evan Hunter
Product(s): Amilo sa 3650

Postby Evan Hunter » Thu May 28, 2009 10:07

Hi, I would also like to second the request on an update about what is happening with updates for the drivers. I am thinking about purchasing an sa 3650 but it is very inportant to me to know that the internal display will work in a good way with the Graphicbooster. I would greatly appreciate if the moderators can comment the progress of this development.

tandrassi

Postby tandrassi » Fri May 29, 2009 12:59

yo again guys. Admin, I've encountered a problem with Flatout: Ultimate Carnage....XGP GPU is not detected.......also, Gears of War for PC doesn't run well when using external monitor (as in 60% decrease in performance), but works fine with internal monitor. Latest games seem to be fine with this XGP, but NEW GAMES, NEW DRIVERS, and I know that ATi is not sitting on their assess doing nothing, they are busy tweaking and optimizing, why not bring that to XGP drivers? WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?

Flippin
Product(s): Fujitsu Amilo Sa 3650 + Booster

Postby Flippin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:45

Hope there is a driver coming soon? Im using the beta in windows 7 and it works ok so far. In 3dmark06 i lost around 500p from vista but its working atleast.

Tryst
Product(s): Amilo SA 3650

Postby Tryst » Tue Jun 16, 2009 16:00

Flippin wrote:Hope there is a driver coming soon? Im using the beta in windows 7 and it works ok so far. In 3dmark06 i lost around 500p from vista but its working atleast.

How did you install the graphicdriver ?

My driver installation always stops <_<"

Hoow xD plz, if anyone knows how to install the graphicbooster in windows 7 tell me (driver version etc., graphicbooster pluged at installation..... ?).

I tried it many times, but always the installation freezes. = (

The HD3870 does not install properly.

Flippin
Product(s): Fujitsu Amilo Sa 3650 + Booster

Postby Flippin » Thu Jun 18, 2009 14:40

Tryst wrote:
Flippin wrote:Hope there is a driver coming soon? Im using the beta in windows 7 and it works ok so far. In 3dmark06 i lost around 500p from vista but its working atleast.

How did you install the graphicdriver ?

My driver installation always stops <_<"

Hoow xD plz, if anyone knows how to install the graphicbooster in windows 7 tell me (driver version etc., graphicbooster pluged at installation..... ?).

I tried it many times, but always the installation freezes. = (

The HD3870 does not install properly.

Clean and uninstall all the ATI / Catalyst drivers. Make sure that all drivers are uninstalled.

Then you have to validate/genuine Windows 7 RC against Microsoft. Then refresh Windows update. Then there should be a 3870 driver there(XGP driver included).

After install the booster will start to work against external monitors. If you want to accelerate the internal screen.
You have too use this driver: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M21LDFZS
(this is the only working driver för internal screen boosting)

I had the booster connected at all times

White

Postby White » Sun Feb 19, 2012 19:00

Does anyone have the driver mentioned by Flippin? Megaupload is down (thanks fbi) and I need the driver.

I'm on Windows 7 x64 and with the driver I have currently installed I have no OpenGL support -.-

White

Postby White » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:51

Hello? Anyone can help?

Return to “AMILO Notebook”