Lifebook A series AH530 HDMi connection issues to panasonic

Moderator: ModTeam

jacko028
Product(s): Lifebook AH530

Lifebook A series AH530 HDMi connection issues to panasonic

Postby jacko028 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 13:35

Hi all, never done this before but this problem has driven me to it having had no success from speaking to Fujitsu or panasonic here goes ......

I never had a problem connecting my AH530 to my Panasonic TX-L32U2B lcd tv ( less than 6 months old ) it was just a case of plug and play no problems . Then one day it just stopped working.
I purchased a new HDMi lead thinking it could be that - no difference.
I went to a friends and plugged my laptop into their tv ( a hitachi ) and it worked fine.
I got my lodger to plug her laptop into my panasonic tv and it worked fine !
I took my tv and laptop to a Panasonic tv dealer and the laptop would not work in any panasonic tv in the shop ....but would work in a sony.
I then got my friend ( I am useless ) to re set my laptop to factory settings , so everything was wiped ....a complete pain in the ..... and it is still not working .
I have checked that it is set to correct resoloution and refresh rate ( 1080 with a 5hz refresh rate ) as instructed by panasonic.
The display manager is telling me that the two are speaking to each other but nothing is happening just a blank screen ....have tried both hdmi inputs.
I have spoken to so many people at both Fujitsu and Panasonic and tried various settings etc , but nothing.
Apparently Panasonic TV's adhere very strictly to HDMi standards and there is obviously something it does not like with my Fujitsu .....if anybody has any ideas it would be greatfully appreciated.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Lifebook A series AH530 HDMi connection issues to panaso

Postby sabrex » Wed Mar 07, 2012 15:08

You have described a HDMI Handshake Problem.

One common problem people experience with HDMI is handshake failure. Sometimes, this is because the HDTV is an older, DVI-based model without HDCP support. But in other cases, there's an easy fix -- unplug your components and power cycle your system. This may reset the authentication cycle and restore your connection.

To do this on a laptop you will need to remove the battery and the mains and hold the power button for 10 secs - then power on without the battery in just off the mains. We take it the tv has already been dissapated when you took it to panasonic shop.

If this doesnt resolve have you tried a longer hdmi cable ?
A Hdmi switch box ? that may be next :mrgreen:
something like http://www.amazon.co.uk/Port-HDMI-1080P-Switch-Splitter/dp/B004H1IKKK/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1331129460&sr=1-13

ask your tv place to test that
most of the problems you describe are fixed via Hdmi switch box - i dont know why it is suddenly misbehaving.

Confirm :
1) the HDMI cables are certified category 2 cables (cat 2 is sometimes called "high speed").
2) The total length of the cabling does not exceed 10m.

3) Important ** check your driver for your video is this one from the driver site http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/Index.asp?lng=com&Level1=&LNID=1
Intel® HD Graphics 8.15.10.2025

to check goto start search programs and files. type DEV - click device manager - then down to display adapters double click the listed intel - click the driver tab and match it with the one i put above. If its different then windows updates likely altered the driver (its annoying like that)

Could it be windows 7 disables the TV and you need to re-enable. Other post found of same problem with Panasonics/wXP
windows disable screen.jpg
windows disable screen.jpg (22.85 KiB) Viewed 14331 times

jacko028

Postby jacko028 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 16:36

Hi firstly thanks for getting back to me on this very annoying problem .
I have now removing the battery and powering on without the battery . No change I am afraid. The tv has not been dissapated by the shop ...they were not at all helpful as I did not buy it from them .....( purchased from Amazon ) .
The hdmi cable that I have I think is high speed , I purchased from Ebay and it said it was high speed ....and it did work fine before this problem arose. The cable is 3m long .
I have checked the driver and it is 8.15.10.2025
Re the switch box , how does that work ? Can't quite understand how it would make a difference , as I thought they were for people who only had one hdmi port ( my tv has 2 ), am prepared to give it a go if you think it may work .
The only other option I have is my friend is prepared to swap his Hitachi tv for my panasonic tv which I am loathe to do as mine is a better tv , but at least I can hook my laptop up to the hitachi !!
This whole problem I believe and so does the guy at Panasonic is some kind of security issue with Panasonic , something has triggered off an issue in my laptop and the tv does not like it . I am convinced this has nothing to do with the TV otherwise my laptop would have connected to the other panasonics in the shop which it didn't.......but did with a sony.
When I plug the Tv in via the hdmi it is handshaking as it is displaying Panasonic tv , but no sound or image.

Any more help or ideas gratefully accepted.

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Wed Mar 07, 2012 17:45

In the intel Graphics Media control panel (right click on the intel icon bottom right)
click on Options and support.
Then click Help and support then click on the right side for Graphics driver download.
Choose "check your system for the latest updates"

im hoping it may find Chipset and Video drivers and update them.

jacko028 wrote:Re the switch box , how does that work ? Can't quite understand how it would make a difference , as I thought they were for people who only had one hdmi port ( my tv has 2 ), am prepared to give it a go if you think it may work

no idea but it might be a stab in the dark. (some transmission is getting messed up between A + B agreed.)

You said it was handshaking - so was seeing it.
Display settings you see two different displays, but one of them will be disabled
To remedy this, click on the second monitor (here it’s identified as “2”), the choose “Extend the desktop onto this monitor” and click “Apply”. The HDTV screen should come to life and show you a Windows desktop background photograph. If it doesn’t, try again. Sometimes you have to select this more than once.

Go back over that area
Last edited by sabrex on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:45, edited 1 time in total.

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Wed Mar 07, 2012 18:22

Tv software update from manual

update tv software.jpg
update tv software.jpg (105.76 KiB) Viewed 14328 times

jacko028

Postby jacko028 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 22:33

Hi thanks for all of that info , have updated the intel graphics media driver download ....no joy . Will try a longer lead and see if that works . Thanks for all your help

Return to “LIFEBOOK”