[Li2727] recovery disc

Moderator: ModTeam

Gemini566
Product(s): Amilo Li2735 Laptop; Acer laptop; EMachine desktopx3; HP Compaq desktop & countless peripherals.

Re: [li2727] recovery disc

Postby Gemini566 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 18:34

gwellyn wrote:HI,does anyone know where i can buy/obtain the recovery cd's for a Amilo L7320GW LAPTOP THANK YOU.

Good evening,
If your m/c is less than one year old then call FS and request a copy of the INSTALLATION discs for your o/s. Never mind worrying about having to back up three dvd's for future restore. Also, the installtion discs allow you to choose to install what you want and leave off what you do not want...in my case, no Office 2007, Norman Security (excuse me??...lol), no Nero rubbish etc. The only drawback I have found is the fact that I have to live with a keyboard that is American English (the epitome of oximorons :lol: ), and I am assured that there is no way I can change that. So I have to press (") to get (@) and visa versa, also, I have to write "GBP", instead of having a pound sign; those are the only keyboard mix-ups I have found so far. Incidently, I have dual booted with XP and both o/s's have the screwed up keyboard despite my having chosen English UK during install. Rather odd don't you think? Sorry for going on a bit there, got carried away.
Two are better than one,
but not as complicated
as three can be

SimonH0
Product(s): Amilo Li 2727, Upgraded to Win XP Sp3, 500Gb HD, Celeron M550 @2Ghz, 4Gb 800 Ram, SMOKING!!
Toshiba 2715 xDVD, Win 2000 SP4
Dell Lattitude D610, Win XP SP2
Dell Inspiron 5000, Win XP SP2

Postby SimonH0 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 18:45

Gemini566 wrote:
gwellyn wrote:HI,does anyone know where i can buy/obtain the recovery cd's for a Amilo L7320GW LAPTOP THANK YOU.

The only drawback I have found is the fact that I have to live with a keyboard that is American English (the epitome of oximorons :lol: ), and I am assured that there is no way I can change that. So I have to press (") to get (@) and visa versa, also, I have to write "GBP", instead of having a pound sign; those are the only keyboard mix-ups I have found so far. Incidently, I have dual booted with XP and both o/s's have the screwed up keyboard despite my having chosen English UK during install. Rather odd don't you think? Sorry for going on a bit there, got carried away.

Not sure why you are having issues with the Keyboard, the Li2727 sold in the UK comes with a UK spec Qwerty keyboard, if you have this then the wrong driver is active, you can select the correct Keyboard driver through settings in Control panel.
To check if you have the UK Keyboard, see if you have the £ sign as a Shift+3 and $ sign as Shift+4, if yes try the following.
Go to control panel, open "Regional and Language Options" and select the tab "Keyboards and Languages", then click "Change Keyboard", then select the correct default input language from the pull down list, once done click on the USA keyboard settings in the list below and then click remove.
That should help you, worked for me on several PC's
Simon H

peteyboy
Product(s): amilo li2727

Postby peteyboy » Sun May 10, 2009 15:24

A little note about the recovery disks, I created mine when I bought the machine on 3 dvd+r disks all seemed fine as they said they had created ok but last week my hard drive failed 3 weeks out of g/tee so I bought a new hard drive and fitted it tried to run the recovery dvds but get an error as soon as it starts the recovery ( Script Error 873 (null) ) having had a look on the web this looks a common problem so when disater strikes yours may be no good to you, Have spoke to fujitsu technical and as its out of g/tee now they are not interested which is not much of an advert for there machines or service, I have made contact with someone from the forum who is sending me a copy of there disks so will see if those work.would be interested to here other people's storys

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Postby bubblegum » Sun May 10, 2009 18:15

My solution, don't buy FS.

Although having said that, my stepdaughter has done just that. She has made the recovery dvd's. I hope they work when she needs then.

The other answer is to use Ghost or Acronis to make a clone of the hard disk.
Use anti virus, backup your data, use google.
POST BACK EVEN IF THE HELP DOESN'T HELP.

A Thank You would be nice if I have helped.

UK MP's are thieving scumbags

peteyboy
Product(s): amilo li2727

Postby peteyboy » Mon May 11, 2009 20:31

Got the recovery disks today and now up and running thanks for the help

andycabs
Product(s): Amilo Li2727

Re: [Li2727] recovery disc

Postby andycabs » Mon Aug 03, 2009 17:21

Despite the original disks being recorded on correct media and stored correctly...when I needed them to restore Vista from XP they did not work...873 null script error was all I got!

Better forget asking FSC for replacements, they do not want to know unless you fork out £40 to them...resultant of this mine, or my children's, or my family, our next laptop will not be Fujitsu! :evil:

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Re: [Li2727] recovery disc

Postby bubblegum » Mon Aug 03, 2009 17:35

Try requesting someone on the forum sends you a copy of their set.

8)
Use anti virus, backup your data, use google.
POST BACK EVEN IF THE HELP DOESN'T HELP.

A Thank You would be nice if I have helped.

UK MP's are thieving scumbags

petemoon
Product(s): Amilo 2515

Amilo 2515 recovery disc first time back up problem

Postby petemoon » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:34

Can someone help please, I have installed a new hardrive and am prompted to do the first time backup. I press F8, going into repair computer and Fujitsu backup/recovery and the only option on there seems to be for recovery which then formats my hardrive again.

Am I missing something or is the backup option not appearing for some reason. I have done this before with my previous hardrive. If the backup option is not appearing can I do something to stop the message coming on each time I boot to remind me to backup.

Any help would be really appreciated.

lorimerp
Product(s): AMILO Notebook Li 2727

Postby lorimerp » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:20

peteyboy wrote:Got the recovery disks today and now up and running thanks for the help

Hi Peteyboy, is there any chance you could send me on the details of who i could get a copy of the recovery disks from

Return to “AMILO Notebook”