Lifebook NH570 freezes randomly

Moderator: ModTeam

MarkoS
Product(s): Fujitsu Lifebook NH570

Lifebook NH570 freezes randomly

Postby MarkoS » Wed Sep 07, 2011 13:32

Hello!

Ten days ago I bought a Lifebook NH570, with no OS. So I installed (original) Win7 Professional 64 bit, all original Drivers from CD, updated with the newest versions from the internet. Soon-the same day, my Lifebook froze-keyboard, mouse, touchpad couldn't do anything. I only could open CD-Rom. No strange sounds, there was no overheating. It happened four to five times next few days, no matter if I am only checking my e-mail, or I have Photoshop, Word, Chrome, Mediaplayer, a few explorer windows open, all in the same time. So the forth day I reinstalled Windows, and all the drivers, and all the programs I use. The same thing happened, Lifebook freezes randomly, and all I can do is to shut it down on the button. My friend tested TWICE all the hardware (with 3D Vantage, I think is called), but he says everything functions normally. It happens again, I am afraid the regular Service-office will find nothing, just as my friend (and he IS a real expert). Some say it might be problem with the software. I have only one antivirus program (Avast) adn Spybot. I do not know what to do, I really need help.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Lifebook NH570 freezes randomly

Postby sabrex » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:15

you need to run the SystemDiagnostics DOS - http://tinyurl.com/FJdiags
In the Zip file look for the .iso image and extract to desktop.
Use Active@isoburner to copy the iso image to a blank cd you can boot from : http://download.cnet.com/Active-ISO-Burner/3000-2646_4-10602452.html
Boot from the cd and select full test.
Post back here any relevent ie: no fault found or error codes

MarkoS

Postby MarkoS » Thu Sep 15, 2011 14:26

Thank you for your answer Sabrex!
I did all you said, and the results of both, quick and full test (took about 6 hours!) are: "No problem found". My laptop still freezes randomly, 1 to 5 times a day, no matter what programs, conditions etc it is running. I send you a photo, some tests were skipped (optical and Systemmonitoring), so you may see.
Everytime my computer freezes, I make a video of it, as a proof for the Service-office; I already have twenty of them, all the same... because all the test say "No problem found", but my laptop is not working well.

Please help if you can!

Greetings,
Marko
Attachments
Fujitsu-test-results.jpg
Fujitsu-test-results.jpg (100.11 KiB) Viewed 13620 times

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Postby sabrex » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:31

This is suggesting the hardware is ok. when you re-install the Os you are deleting all partitions ?

RHAF
Product(s): Lifebook
Esprimo
Primergy
Storage
Netapp

Postby RHAF » Thu Sep 22, 2011 20:09

Hi there markoS,

When you say " I installed (original) Win7 Professional 64 bit", do you mean a standard MicroSoft version of Win7 or a copy of the originally Fujitsu supplied installation DVD version?

I seem to remember that this notebook originally was supplied with "Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit", so when you say you have the "Professional" version I am thinking it is not installed with the Fujitsu install DVD.

Now in theory it should not make much difference and Fujitsu usualy does only use standard components, but you might want to try obtaining a copy of the original DVD from your local Fujitsu office. I have seen a number of systems which had problems with general Windows installations have mostly driver related problems. Using the last version of drivers is not always the best solution.

Have you checked the drivers on the Fujitsu site? Perhaps this link might help:
http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/include/O ... Deskupdate

Or just manually enter the Ident number (serial number) for your notebook here:
http://ts.fujitsu.com/support/downloads.html

and see whether you get any other results.

By the way, I still think it could be hardware related, do you have the option to swap the memory module for a different one?

Let us know what you try and what the result is.

Greetz

MarkoS

Postby MarkoS » Thu Sep 29, 2011 20:40

Thank you sabrex and rhaf for your suggestions,
my laptop is for last ten days at the official service, I am told that they run all Fujitsu tests, and that there is no problems. And I was also told that they changed motherboard, just to be sure (??).
When my laptop comes back to me, I will try to delete all my partitions (I am afraid that I am not sure that I deleted all partitions the second time I installed OS). I installed OS from boot usb-maybe that could be a cause...
All drivers that I have are from Fujitsu official site.

But first I have get my lifebook back.
Thank you very much that you are trying to help me! :D

MarkoS

MarkoS

Postby MarkoS » Fri Nov 04, 2011 20:13

So, after more than one month, I have got my lifebook back; at the official service they did not found any mistakes on hardware, nor software. I was told Windows 7 are installed correctly; as well as all drivers. Although they did not found any problems, they changed the motherboard. Only two hours after I received my laptop, it froze like always. And it froze again three times that day. I brought it back to the store, and they sent it back to the Official Fujitsu service. Ten days after that, they call me, "no problems found", but I will get the same laptop from the store, and the mine that "freezes" they will keep.
So I have a new laptop for less than 24 hours, have fresh Windows 7 Pro (legal of course, but now the version in Croatian), all the drivers, that I have checked from Fujitsu DeskUpdate.
Guess what???!!! It freezes again!!!
I have tried to work with laptop with and without my external hard drive (Verbatim, Model # 53030, 500 GB), with or without my internet usb drive (Huawei Mobile Broadband E367), for which I thought they could interact badly (??) with my laptop. Both drives are new (HDD 6 months and Mobile one month), and they both work perfectly on other computers (at least two laptops and three table computers).
I have Microsoft Office Suite 2010 installed (original), Adobe CS3 Master Collection (that works/ed on all my previous computers).
Everything is legal, correct, normal, and clear, like always before, since I work with computers, but this laptop is a real exception.
Does anyone has any idea to help me?

Thank you very much for your help!
:-)

MarkoS

Postby MarkoS » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:47

[u]So, I have solved my problem[/u] :-)
After all that I mentioned above, I had my Lifebook NH570 checked by a private person, a real computer geek. He discovered that a computer has a manufacturing defect, as well as the first one I had (same model!!!). I do not know what is all about, but I had a chance to change my Lifebook to something else. I have now a HP Probook 4730s, and no more problems.
I also do not want to sue the official Fujitsu Service in Zagreb, they could not find any mistakes twice the Lifebook was there, but they seem to be unable to do their work, with no care for their customers.
After three months of being considered "a crazy and difficult" customer, after having to reject many jobs I could have, due to the broken Lifebook, too much embarrassing problems and weak nerves I have got, I have got no excuse from nobody, but from a trader who helped me get a new laptop.

Thanks to all who tried to help me here!

Greetings from a happy HP customer!

Return to “LIFEBOOK”