Pi 2512 - Wrong Graphics Driver?

Moderator: ModTeam

Roger Allott
Product(s): Amilo Pi 2512

Pi 2512 - Wrong Graphics Driver?

Postby Roger Allott » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:32

I've recently been having some problems that have turned out to be related to the graphics driver, apparently. When my Amilo Pi 2512 had been asked to do quite a lot, such as when doing video editing whilst also surfing the net on a multi-tab Chrome browser, it has just creaked a bit and then simply shut down Windows Vista.

When Windows Vista relaunches, it tells me that the problem was that I should update the graphics driver.

When I try to do that, I get the following response:

Product Detected Intel® GM965

Current Driver Installed 7.14.10.1437

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

So, I go to my computer manufacturer's site (http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/suppo ... loads.html) and I think it tells me that the graphics driver I should have is :
Intel - GL960 integrated graphics - Version: 7.14.10.1244

Is this likely to be the cause of my problem? Should I install what looks to be the much older driver that F-S seems to think is fine?

And how the heck would I have ever got myself the wrong graphics driver??? I only update via utilities like Windows Update!

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Pi 2512 - Wrong Graphics Driver?

Postby sabrex » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:35

Windows update does tend to update drivers when you dont want it to! :mrgreen:
Install Intel - 965GM integrated graphics Version: 7.14.10.1244 from driver download site.

Roger Allott
Product(s): Amilo Pi 2512

Re: Pi 2512 - Wrong Graphics Driver?

Postby Roger Allott » Tue Mar 22, 2011 19:48

Sorry for the time taken to respond, but I'm still trying to get my head around this.

Fujitsu say the most up-to-date current driver is 7.14.10.1244, but we know that a more up-to-date version of that driver exists (7.14.10.1437) because that's what Windows Update throws at me.

So, why is the updated driver no good for my machine? Surely, if it's updated, it's better than the older version, isn't it?

Return to “AMILO Notebook”