AMILO A1650G - HARD DRIVE NOT FOUND

Moderator: ModTeam

Anstrich
Product(s): Fujitsu Amilo A1650G

AMILO A1650G - HARD DRIVE NOT FOUND

Postby Anstrich » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:22

I have recently experienced a problem whereby my system closed down without warning and when I tried to re-boot the BIOS could not locate the Hard Drive. I have now replaced the Hard Drive and have managed to install Windows XP, but the problem has now returned. Sometimes it boots just past the Welcome Screen and than a very quick blue screen (Unable to read - as gone rather quickly), and other times the hard disk cannot be found.

Could this be the CMOS Battery or a corrupt BIOS. If CMOS Battery how do I access it to replace.

Any help would be great.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: AMILO A1650G - HARD DRIVE NOT FOUND

Postby sabrex » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:06

If it were your cmos the system would be exhibiting behavior that implies that the CMOS battery is dead. This can include lost CMOS settings, the real-time clock losing time, or of course dead battery warnings at boot time.

The problem could be your motherboard controller. Unfortunately with hardware it requires a more in depth hands on to determine. What hard disk you used, what Firmware its on, what bios version are you running.... thats where i would start.
:mrgreen:

MikeyMouse
Product(s): Amilo

Re: AMILO A1650G - HARD DRIVE NOT FOUND

Postby MikeyMouse » Wed Jan 19, 2011 16:01

This could also be the new hard drive failing or the motherboard failing. It mnight worth testing thr hard drive with the manufacturer checking software. See their website

Also if you have fitted a drive bigger than 80GB then the system maybe struggling to see it. This is becuase the machine was only tested with drives up to 80gb, you can see this if you found the datasheet for the product. You may be able to put 100GB but probably bigger than that would fail or may display symptoms of what you have described.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”