v5505

Moderator: ModTeam

Oadbylad
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo v5505

v5505

Postby Oadbylad » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:28

Hi to all Fujitsu owners
Ive got a v5505 and it as been running great( would you except less lol) no new hardware or software added
and then a get a popup box on login ...now being a bit of a nob i didnt read it just carried on ...the laptop started up ok and then shut its self down...now some times it will start ok run for a while and when it does every thing looks great graphics and sound fine it up dates and installs ...then it will shut down ...some times it will even reboot its selfand ask for pass word and then run for a while
So heres my question as the v5505 got any known issues ie. motherboard failures ..or ..as some other latops is the graphics chips known to fail
But most of all what could cause it to reboot its self
You need oval balls to play RUGBY

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: v5505

Postby sabrex » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:21

could be anything run the system diagnostic tool from fujitsu - does sound like it installed something in a pop though so could be the blaster virus or something but you would get a countdown message as it prior to reboot
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.mspx check what windows version you are running

Oadbylad

Postby Oadbylad » Thu Jan 13, 2011 15:02

Update update lol
Ive just down loaded the dos diagnostic tool
Its running but the screen keeps flashing on and off but at least its only the screen and not rebooting all the time
On the first run every thing looks ok
Thanks for you quick response

Oadbylad

Postby Oadbylad » Fri Jan 14, 2011 16:16

OK ! so ive finished a full dos run and it gives me this "DIFS SYSTEM CODE 75WC-FGBF-7RTJ1"
Whats the next step is this an error ?

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Fri Jan 14, 2011 19:04

ok i need your serial number underneath possibly starts with a Y or a D (older is 3 something) 10 long

Oadbylad

Postby Oadbylad » Sat Jan 15, 2011 13:51

Once again sabrex thank you for your reply
YKAJ036868
For the life of me i cant see why its so hard to get these faults listed...why doesn't Fujitsu list them all and then users would have an idea as to whether the unit was repairable or bin it

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Sat Jan 15, 2011 17:33

Point 1 you must call local helpdesk to get the difs decoded.
Point 2 failure points at cdrom drive
which is odd for the fault your getting and you have booted from the difs cd fine !
backup what you can and elliminate s.w from the equation via a full wipe and re-install
Last edited by sabrex on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:17, edited 2 times in total.

Oadbylad

Postby Oadbylad » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:51

I did notice when the CD was running it would not run the full diagnostics without me hitting the Esc button ,but then it was fine and ran to the end
Now ive another problem the laptop will not run of the mains power with out the battery being in and the battery wont take a charge,im more than prepared to buy a replacement ,but only if i can get the laptop running
The O/S as only recently been installed
I now intend to (hopefully) delete the CD in Device manager to see if this stops the rebooting
If not i will re run the diagnostics CD to see if the results are the same
Thanks again sabrex

Oadbylad

Postby Oadbylad » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:24

So heres an update !! i like to mess a bit thats my whole concept of PCs and the reason ive got a laptop....i downloaded and tried Fedora which is a disk operated Linux based OS...as soon as i ran this.. up pops a box telling me my battery was defective and only holding 43% ( the first i had any notification in any way)so i took this on board thinking as soon as finances permitted id buy a new one.....but since the fault was picked up by this other OS ive had no problem at all running the laptop on the mains
No rebooting no flashing
!!!STRANGE!!!

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”