Esprimo Mobile V5535 fails to start

Moderator: ModTeam

kdavidson
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile V5535

Esprimo Mobile V5535 fails to start

Postby kdavidson » Mon Sep 27, 2010 13:30

I have an Esprimo Mobile V5535 which recently has failed to start - it was fine until a few days ago, with no particular reason for the failure.

I have checked the power supply and it is supplying power okay. The machine fails to turn on, with no LEDs showing at all (and not beep codes), either with the mains power connected or on battery. I have also tried starting with no battery and just the mains power supply - same thing - but I am not sure if this laptop supports that.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else to try?

Keith Davidson

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Esprimo Mobile V5535 fails to start

Postby sabrex » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:55

Hi
Remove the battery, remove the mains and hold the power button for 10 secs. plug the mains back in (not the battery) checking the dc socket is not moving around there should be no excessive movement on the dc socket. try powering on then.

if still no power then would suggest a more serious failure has occured

kdavidson

Postby kdavidson » Tue Sep 28, 2010 20:48

Sabrex,

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately it makes no difference - the machine still refuses to come back to life :(

K

silviainabox
Product(s): esprimo mobile 5535

Postby silviainabox » Mon Oct 04, 2010 20:15

I have the same problem. After trying all what I could try I had no other alternative than taking the notebook to the technician. The problem is in the mother board and it seems that is a known problem of this model of notebook. The cost of reparing the computer is not so low but .... no other possibility .
Sorry, but this is not good news. :oops:

kdavidson

Postby kdavidson » Sun Nov 14, 2010 20:19

Just to say this has now been happily resolved.

The machine was out of warrantee but I contacted Fujitsu repairs in the UK. After an initial phone conversation with and engineer, where they discussed some of the suggestions listed here, which I told them I had tried, they then suggested returning the machine for inspection and possible repair. They were very clear about the costs involved for collection and inspection of the machine.

The machine was collected and within 2 business days the fault was discovered as a problem with the power supply (although I had previously checked that and believed it to be working). I purchased a new power supply at a very reasonable cost from the repair centre. The machine is now back working as before.

I continue to be impressed with the service department of Fujitsu.

Nasab

Postby Nasab » Thu Jan 08, 2015 21:05

We had the same problem during a period of 1 month, starting not starting then would not start anymore, tried to find answer on internet, but no good one, took out the plastic behind the keyboard, no screws, you only have to bend up the plastic, there are some links on internet showing how to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-35mUbeQnQ (where you can see in the end of the film how to bend out the plastic cover behind the keyboard. No screws has to be taken out)
Tested the push button and it was broken. Made a short cut over the push button with a small cable just to be sure to see if the computer started and it did. We changed the push button which can be soldered from top of the pc board without taking anything apart except for the plastic cover mention before. After we soldered a new push button the computer has been starting every time after. It is more likely the power button itself is broken than the power plug or power supply as many are suggesting on some site on internet. New push button you can buy in any store who sells electronic components and the cost is around 1 dollar. More info at
http://www.nasab.com/PDF_Service/Esprim ... mputer.pdf

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”