S710 - Audio over displayport

Moderator: ModTeam

Lejon
Product(s): Lifebook S710, S710 docking station

S710 - Audio over displayport

Postby Lejon » Mon Apr 05, 2010 13:20

Hi,

I've connected my S710 to my LCD TV through a DP-HDMI cable. I get video but no audio.
I have two "Digital Audio (HDMI)" devices listed, but none of them are enabled when the cable is connected to the TV.

I've tried downloading new drivers for the Intel Media Accelerator HD chip, but the one available from Fujitsu does not seem to do the trick. And the one available from Intel cannot be installed since "It's not compatible". Seem that fujitsu must release its own version of the driver.

Has anyone else managed to get this working?

Brause
Product(s): Lifebook E780
Lifebook S6410
Lifebook E8410
Amilo M1437G

Re: S710 - Audio over displayport

Postby Brause » Mon May 03, 2010 20:49

Hi,

i have the same Problem with my Lifebook E780.... DP to HDMI converter works with Video but not with Audio.

i found a better way:

http://www.amazon.de/VGA-HDMI-Konverter ... 103&sr=8-1

VGA D-SUB and Audio input and get HDMI out. It works really good.

bye

Daniel

Lejon
Product(s): Lifebook S710, S710 docking station

Re: S710 - Audio over displayport

Postby Lejon » Thu May 13, 2010 7:21

Brause wrote:Hi,

i have the same Problem with my Lifebook E780.... DP to HDMI converter works with Video but not with Audio.
i found a better way:
http://www.amazon.de/VGA-HDMI-Konverter ... 103&sr=8-1
VGA D-SUB and Audio input and get HDMI out. It works really good.
bye
Daniel

I would prefer to get digital audio with the possibility of several audio channels instead of just stereo. When I've connected the S710 to external displays I've used the DP-HDMI along with the regular audio cable. Having to use both the DP and audio cable (or worse - the VGA and audio) is not an acceptable solution.

It would be nice to get a response from someone at Fujitsu regarding the future support of audio over the DP. Why even put a DP on there if its not suppose to support audio. Wouldn't it have been better to use the more widely supported DVI instead?

Return to “LIFEBOOK”