Resolution on a TV 1920x1080 doesn't fit!

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

amelvin
Product(s): scaleo E

Resolution on a TV 1920x1080 doesn't fit!

Postby amelvin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 13:07

Hi I have the above mentioned SCALEO E PC, as bought for quite a bargin. I have recently purchased a large 42" LCD TV, a panasonic Viera. Now when i connect to the TV using an DVI to HDMI cable i get a brilliant picture, the problem is the resolution which is either fixed at something x 900 which leave a 2" black space around the entire image, or at 1920x1080 which should fit the screen except that it does not as I loose a few inches around the outside basically making windows unusable as the start bar, and min/max icons are hidden. This is rather frustrating as i thought 1080p or my TV having a resolution of 1920x1080 would be perfect! I have installed powerstrip but i don't think that it works fully with intel chipsets, ie able to output a custom resolution that will work, as I can't find a solution that works.

Does anyone have any experience of this problem? or any solutions? I was thinking that purchasing a new graphics card may help, one of the ATI mentioned in these forums, but I only want to if it will fix this problem.

Any help would be appreciated

Andrew

johny media
Product(s): Scaleo E

Re: Resolution on a TV 1920x1080 doesn't fit!

Postby johny media » Tue Mar 30, 2010 19:01

Which graphics card are you using? I have tried an Nvidia (sparkle) 8400gs and a Radeon (Asus) 4350, and both came with an app that you open with adjustable settings. Each app had a slightly different way of adjusting the picture size, but both worked fine - on the 4350 the picture was an inch too small and there was literally a slider to make it the size you want. I think the 8400 had seperate height and width adjustments, can't quite remember now, but both cards basically had all the software needed to adjust the image size - maybe you only have drivers for your card without the full application software?

Return to “SCALEO”