[Scaleo 600] No system wake-up with SATA drive installed

SCALEO E, SCALEO H, SCALEO X, SCALEO L, SCALEO P

Moderator: ModTeam

Peanpa
Product(s): Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo 600

[Scaleo 600] No system wake-up with SATA drive installed

Postby Peanpa » Wed Feb 03, 2010 17:23

Hallo,

I have a problem with my Fujitsu – Siemens Scaleo 600.
Motherboard: Fujitsu-Siemens 1625-A
Bios: 4.06 rev.1.07.1625

I had two IDE hard drives:
The original Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 and 7200.7 Plus family 120Gb
and
a Maxtor 40Gb I took from an older PC and installed later.

Everything worked perfect for many years no problems what so ever.

Now I installed a SATA hard drive Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-00M2B0 1Tb. For this I took the 40Gb Maxtor out since the SATA had to be mapped to the secondary IDE interface.
In the bios I changed the hard drive configuration to S-ATA 1 / 2 + P-ATA 1 / 2.

At first everything appeared to work fine. The system starts up as it should. All drives are present and accessible. However once the system has gone to sleep I can’t wake it up again. I hear the drives start running but my screen stays black and when I switch power of the screen off and on again a message appears saying “no signal going to sleep”. The only solution than is to shut the PC power off and on and do a cold restart.

If I disconnect the SATA drive the not waking up problem is gone.

I looked (using my system ID number) for a bios update and found one on the Fujitsu site. However I am not entirely sure that it really is for my mother board. It is in an ISO file and my manual only gives a procedure for a bios update from floppy.
Also I understand that a bios update is a last resort since the system may die permanently if anything goes wrong.

Does anyone know what’s wrong here? What should I do?

Gerard

ADAMSKI

Re: [Scaleo 600] No system wake-up with SATA drive installed

Postby ADAMSKI » Wed Feb 03, 2010 23:58

Hi.
Not 100% on this but I think this may be due to your sata drive being attached as a secondary drive (slave).Because sata drives don't have the usual master/slave/cs jumpers the bios would see it as a master even tho it is attached to secondary channel.
Perhaps installing an o/s to the sata and making your old ide drive a slave may solve this.
Like I said not 100% but that would be my guess.Let me know how you get on.

Peanpa
Product(s): Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo 600

Re: [Scaleo 600] No system wake-up with SATA drive installed

Postby Peanpa » Thu Feb 04, 2010 23:36

Hi Adamski,

If you are right I would expect problems with cold and warm start-ups also and that is not the case. My intention was to keep my old IDE as system and aplications drive and the new SATA as storage for files, photo's and video. I already moved these already. If I don't find another solution I may have to move them back and create a system partition on the SATA drive. I will keep you posted.

Gerard

Return to “SCALEO”