support/win7/IMEI_number

Moderator: ModTeam

jmm666
Product(s): esprimo u9200

support/win7/IMEI_number

Postby jmm666 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 13:45

hi, anyone know why the U9200 is no longer recognized as a product on the support page (http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/suppo ... loads.html)? some time ago the helpdesk told me they were about to update drivers for win7 -> perhaps the trouble is due to site maintenance?
incidently, another (unrelated) question: how can i find the IMEI number for the embedded GlobeTrotter modem?

jmm666

Re: support/win7/IMEI_number

Postby jmm666 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 16:45

the product is back, but still no updated (win7) drivers...
:(

myxal
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile U9200 (T9300, 8GiB RAM, 250 GB SSD, multiboot Kubuntu, Win 2003)

Postby myxal » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:34

Re: modem IMEI> I would expect the number to be somewhere in Device properties (Device Manager). This video shows how to find the IMEI in XP, doesn't it work for 7? If not and you're willing to take a look inside the laptop, the number should be on the modem's label. See this thread on how to access the WWAN module.

Re: Support> What drivers are you looking for? Most of the time you're better off downloading driver from the component manufacturer anyway, ie. Intel, Option, Realtek and Marvell (anything else I'm forgetting?).

jmm666

Postby jmm666 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:31

myxal wrote:Re: modem IMEI> I would expect the number to be somewhere in Device properties (Device Manager). This video shows how to find the IMEI in XP, doesn't it work for 7? If not and you're willing to take a look inside the laptop, the number should be on the modem's label. See this thread on how to access the WWAN module.

turns out the imei number was on the back of the machine, silly me...
myxal wrote:Re: Support> What drivers are you looking for? Most of the time you're better off downloading driver from the component manufacturer anyway, ie. Intel, Option, Realtek and Marvell (anything else I'm forgetting?).

looking mostly for a driver for the Option modem: 1) neither the v3 one available on the fsc support nor the v2 available from Option work (don't recognize the modem) - only the old driver initially provided with the machine does recognize the modem - however, it keeps hanging trying to register my 3G provider, and therefore doesn't work either - conclusion: fsc needs to make a win7 GT Connect driver available to their customers! (they also need to update the bluetooth stack for win7...)
later...

myxal
Product(s): Esprimo Mobile U9200 (T9300, 8GiB RAM, 250 GB SSD, multiboot Kubuntu, Win 2003)

Postby myxal » Wed Jan 20, 2010 18:39

jmm666 wrote:looking mostly for a driver for the Option modem: 1) neither the v3 one available on the fsc support nor the v2 available from Option work (don't recognize the modem) - only the old driver initially provided with the machine does recognize the modem - however, it keeps hanging trying to register my 3G provider, and therefore doesn't work either - conclusion: fsc needs to make a win7 GT Connect driver available to their customers! (they also need to update the bluetooth stack for win7...)
later...

v2?? The option site lists v4 as having support for win7 (you have the GTM378, right?) > http://www.option.com/en/support/softwa ... s/gtm378e/
note: I have neither the modem nor windows - do you know which version of the modem you have installed? (I assume that you got the modem with the laptop) - The product selection site lists 4 different versions of GTM 378, 2 of which are "worldwide". Not sure if that makes any difference on the software/driver side.

Re: bluetooth - doesn't win7 provide its own bluetooth stack? I thought the Toshiba stack was intended only for XP.

jmm666

Postby jmm666 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 19:10

v2?? The option site lists v4 as having support for win7

v4 doesnt work either...
(you have the GTM378, right?)

yes
http://www.option.com/en/support/softwa ... s/gtm378e/
note: I have neither the modem nor windows - do you know which version of the modem you have installed? (I assume that you got the modem with the laptop)

yes
- The product selection site lists 4 different versions of GTM 378, 2 of which are "worldwide". Not sure if that makes any difference on the software/driver side.

no software option with respect to unit submodel...

Re: bluetooth - doesn't win7 provide its own bluetooth stack? I thought the Toshiba stack was intended only for XP.

you're right - unfortunately when i upgraded from vista to 7 the bt config didnt succeed - that's why i was hoping for something from toshiba (they do have a win7 version plus other interesting improvements of their stack, which unfortunately was never available to fsc users...)

Return to “ESPRIMO Mobile”