[XI3650] Multimedia Touch keys spook!!!

Moderator: ModTeam

Kime
Product(s): Xi 3650

Re: [XI3650] Multimedia Touch keys spook!!!

Postby Kime » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:01

I have the same problem too !!!!
What the Fujitsu recommend? or norhing....

PeLLeP
Product(s): amilo xi3650

Postby PeLLeP » Fri Nov 27, 2009 21:37

Why cant I find a solution anywhere on this problem?? Talked to swedish support, twice, and they know NOTHING :?: !! Never heard about it....hmmm :roll: . Have been searching for days now.....and the only thing I find is a lot of FS owners with the same problem going crazy. In 2007 Fred told us in this forum that he sent the problem to people that get paid to solve problems like this. Did I miss something?? Still cant find an answer anywhere. If u buy "quality" products this should NOT exist!! I f hate this problem!!! :evil:
Please tell me if theres exist an answer that I don´t know about. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE. Thanks FS for adding this xtra "my keys got a life of their own whenever they feel like it" speciallity....

latruwski
Product(s): Amilo XI3650

Postby latruwski » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:05

Some german guy posted here that he had send up his FS to the company to check it...
They said it was a little mistake in the assembly of the multimedia/keyboard.. he got a new laptop or it got repaired.

So the best thing you can do is probably say that that is the problem to the FS support in your country and link to this forum... then talk about sending your laptop up :)

Regards,
Latruwski

paal@vkl.no
Product(s): Fujitsu Amilo XI3670

Postby paal@vkl.no » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:46

Xi3670 same problem. Is there any solution?

yeah
Product(s): Amilo Xi 3650 , T9550

Postby yeah » Tue Dec 15, 2009 17:55

WHAT? THE XI 3670 TO ????? FTS said that only the Xi 3650 have this Problem...

The Problem is also known in Germany. FTS promised a Solution. But there is no software Solution. The only Solution is to use the warrently to change the Light-Touch-Bar/Multimedia Keys.

Sorry for my bad english but i will try to explain the Problem:
The cable or the connector from the Light-Touch-Bar to the Mainboard is defective. It musst be changed. FTS has confirmed that.

Here is the link to the German Thread - with Pics: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=40291&p=133044#p133044

KIH999
Product(s): Xi3670 Core2 Quad

Postby KIH999 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 14:02

Add one more to the list of Xi3670..
It's not often, but i can confirm that it happens.. Only a Logitech-mouse as extra, not sure if it happens without it.

WIN7 here..

maxi_pak
Product(s): Amilo Xi 3670, C2Q, 4GB, 1TB

Postby maxi_pak » Thu Jun 24, 2010 22:36

LightTouch Bar disconnection instructions to prevent and cure the spontaneous volume adjustment problem.
(refer to photos above please and use scroll bars to view 2 pictures joined together)

Hi Everybody.

I have had the same irritating problem with my Amilo Xi 3670 :oops: . The Lightouch bar is too sensitive and activates the sound volume adjustment spontaneously. I have tried every other solution, such as software driver updates etc, but nothing worked.

I have disconnected the cable attached to the LightTouch Bar, and my computer now works faultlessly without any problems. It is a great machine! It’s a pity to have to disable the LightTouch Bar, but the computer works brilliantly now, and the functions on the Bar are available via the keyboard :wink: .

Instructions for disassembly (see also photos):
(NB WARNING: I take no responsibility for any damage caused by following my explanation. Use of these instructions is AT YOUR OWN RISK. Warranty may be void if laptop opened!!)
(please refer to photos below and use scroll bars to correctly and fully view each of 2 pictures joined together)

1. Unscrew and remove 2 x screws (labled 3 on plastic cover of notebook) from behind top rear end of case on either side (picture 1).
2. Carefully and very gently by hand prise up and unfasten plastic cover over speakers on front of case. It is help in place by internal plastic clips (picture 1 and 2). I started from the left side and proceeded very cautiously in order not to snap the cover.
Amilo_pics_1s.JPG
pic1
Amilo_pics_1s.JPG (97.59 KiB) Viewed 14812 times

3. Unfasten plastic covers over hinges on both sides (picture 2).
Amilo_pics_2s.JPG
pic2
Amilo_pics_2s.JPG (77.87 KiB) Viewed 14812 times

4. Carefully lift off Lighttouch panel (picture 3).
5. Remove blue connecting cable from socket and cover ends with tape (picture 3).
Amilo_pics_3s.JPG
pic3
Amilo_pics_3s.JPG (110.69 KiB) Viewed 14812 times

6. Assemble and close in reverse order.

Good luck and happy AMILO Xi computing. :D :D :D

Maxi_Pak

latruwski

Postby latruwski » Mon Jul 26, 2010 13:52

Ok update:

I have send my laptop 2 times for repair so far... the only thing they did was mess it up more. Some of the keys are not even working anymore.
Now i've send a mail asking for a new laptop as i am still in the warranty. As that is the only solution some of u guys have found.
They try to make me send it again for repair, but i CBA to do that again...

If anyone finds out more let us know!

To maxi_pak, thank you for sharing that but i won't touch my own laptop as long as it is in warranty ;)

citizenx

Postby citizenx » Tue Aug 03, 2010 17:33

Because my HDD just died, i sent my XI3650 in service with a list of problems. I have the same problem explained here and i hope the guys from the service will know what to do.

haq
Product(s): Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Xi 3650

Postby haq » Wed Sep 29, 2010 20:14

I have the same problem.
Only writes in Russian исисисисис (which corresponds to cbcbcbcbcbcbcbcb).
This is a hardware error? Or need to download some updated drivers?

PS: especially frustrating when someone write something and send without looking. People are embarrassed, because the "сиси" in Russian - is the tits

latruwski

Postby latruwski » Wed Sep 29, 2010 23:31

Can't do ***** about it...
I've send my fucking laptop to fujitsu 3 times and they didn't fix it... when i talk about getting a new one cuz i'm still in guarantee ***** they talk about some other departement.
But that departement only has retarded fax so i can't contact them... and when i ask the helpdesk to do it they "can't" -.-

GREAT SUPPORT -.- i'm going back to HP or something tbh atleast they keep their promises! :evil:

haq
Product(s): Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO Xi 3650

Postby haq » Thu Sep 30, 2010 14:08

The problem is known, but Fujitsu ignores this? Wow! "Money take and forgotten!" a new slogan of FS.

latruwski

Postby latruwski » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:16

Yep, even too lazy to contact the other departement for a customer... i payed 1400€ or something for my laptop... and what do they give you?
Customer-care = 0%
Luckely i'm studying IT... if they don't give me a new laptop by the end of my guarantee period i'm gonna try to find out myself and if that won't work,
i'm gonna scratch fujitsu from my "good companies" list and never buy a laptop from them anymore :)

Hard words but there is a lot of people in the world with this problem and ignoring a lot of people will just make your reputation bad and YES i'm gonna help ***** up that reputation ;)

Chiz
Product(s): Amilo Xi3650

Postby Chiz » Mon Sep 05, 2011 21:06

Sadly the problem wasn't fixed permanently for me. It appeared again in a year after the first fix. Then they changed the whole motherboard and again it has been working for a year, but now it has started spooking again. Well, the 3 year maintenance contract ends in less than a year, and if the problem will not get worse, I won't bother fixing it, just buy a new one. It probably won't be Fujitsu-Siemens, though.

Return to “AMILO Notebook”